Guide to European Budget Airlines

Old June 26th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Martin

Default Guide to European Budget Airlines

Who flies from where to where? To quickly find which budget airlines
fly on the route you wish to travel, use the 'European Low Cost Airline
Guide' website:

http://www.low-cost-airline.info

You simply select the 2 cities you wish to travel between, and it will
list the websites of low cost airlines which you can then visit to
check pricing and availability for cheap tickets.

Martin.

Old June 26th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Jim Ley

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 19:43:00 +0200, nitram wrote:

On 26 Jun 2005 10:38:24 -0700, "Martin"
wrote:
http://www.low-cost-airline.info

You simply select the 2 cities you wish to travel between, and it will
list the websites of low cost airlines which you can then visit to
check pricing and availability for cheap tickets.

Which browser is it supposed to use? It doesn't work well with IE5 or
Firefox.

Well it uses some of my code, so that probably explains it...

Actually, it would appear that the author did a bad cut and paste from
http://jibbering.com/2002/4/httprequest.html and missed off the var
xmlhttp=false; from the top of the snippet.

It does work in IE6, and would work in FireFox if the OP had pasted
properly, entering
javascript:window.xmlhttp=new XMLHttpRequest();void 0
into the location bar after loading the page, will make it work in
FireFox too...

Jim.

Old June 26th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Hatunen

wrote:
http://www.low-cost-airline.info

You simply select the 2 cities you wish to travel between, and it will
list the websites of low cost airlines which you can then visit to
check pricing and availability for cheap tickets.

Which browser is it supposed to use? It doesn't work well with IE5 or
Firefox.

Well it uses some of my code, so that probably explains it...

Actually, it would appear that the author did a bad cut and paste from
http://jibbering.com/2002/4/httprequest.html and missed off the var
xmlhttp=false; from the top of the snippet.

It does work in IE6, and would work in FireFox if the OP had pasted
properly, entering
javascript:window.xmlhttp=new XMLHttpRequest();void 0
into the location bar after loading the page, will make it work in
FireFox too...

Eh?

Could you make that a little clearer please; what I did didn't
work.

Old June 26th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Jim Ley

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:40:09 -0700, Hatunen wrote:

Could you make that a little clearer please; what I did didn't
work.

Okay, so open http://www.low-cost-airline.info/ in your browser,
either Opera or FireFox, (or likely safari, but I've not tested) then
when it doesn't work, what you do is enter in the url bar, where it's
currently saying the http://www.low-cost-airline.info/ you paste in

javascript:window.xmlhttp=new XMLHttpRequest();void 0

Then you can carry on using it, hopefully.

You'll still need to ensure that script is enabled for the site, and
IE is at a lower security setting than high for the page to work, but
on "default" settings for the browser it will work in those, also
there are a few rendering bugs in default Opera/FireFox. I tested
using Opera 8.01 and a Mozilla 1.8, with default settings. The
code's not great, the layout ain't that great, but it's reasonably
well done, I'd like to see a map though... maybe I should collect the
data and do a similar service... Same as my
http://jibbering.com/routeplanner/ for oneworld/star alliance routes.
Does anyone know where the data is in a handy parseable format?

Cheers,

Jim.
Old June 27th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Martin

Hi Jim,
Thanks for taking a look at the site. You are correct that it is using
a section of code based on your
http://jibbering.com/2002/4/ht=ADtpr...lhttp=3Dfalse; page, I
apologise that I have obviously not implimented it properly.. nor
tested it with Firefox recently. I have tested the site in IE6 and it
does work OK for me.

I have some minor improvements and layout changes in progress so I will
correct this bug at the same time - soon.

Any layout or other suggestions, I would love to hear them. I think its
a pretty useful tool and lots of my friends make regular use of it in
its current state... so it should be worth ironing out these small
things.

Martin.

Old June 27th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Jim Ley

On 27 Jun 2005 00:13:16 -0700, "Martin"
wrote:

Thanks for taking a look at the site. You are correct that it is using
a section of code based on your
http://jibbering.com/2002/4/ht=ADtpr...lhttp=3Dfalse; page, I
apologise that I have obviously not implimented it properly..

No problem for making a mistake, and obviously no problem that you
used my code, that's what it's there for!

Any layout or other suggestions, I would love to hear them. I think its
a pretty useful tool and lots of my friends make regular use of it in
its current state... so it should be worth ironing out these small
things.

As I say the main thing that would be useful to me is a map, for
example if I've got to be in Sienna next week, I'm happy to fly into
Rome, Pisa, Florence, maybe even Genoa, and travel to Sienna over the
few days before I actually need to be there - it gives me more places
to see and a more relaxing trip than just flying into one place doing
whatever it is I have to go and flying out.

Jim.
Old June 27th, 2005, 09:47 AM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and

Jim Ley wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:40:09 -0700, Hatunen wrote:

Could you make that a little clearer please; what I did didn't
work.

Okay, so open http://www.low-cost-airline.info/ in your browser,
either Opera or FireFox, (or likely safari, but I've not tested) then
when it doesn't work, what you do is enter in the url bar, where it's
currently saying the http://www.low-cost-airline.info/ you paste in

javascript:window.xmlhttp=new XMLHttpRequest();void 0

Then you can carry on using it, hopefully.

The problem also exists in Safari. At least on my computer (OS X)
pasting the javascript message fixes the problem in Safari and Firefox,
but not Opera.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old June 28th, 2005, 08:34 AM

Martin wrote:
Who flies from where to where? To quickly find which budget airlines
fly on the route you wish to travel, use the 'European Low Cost Airline
Guide' website:

http://www.low-cost-airline.info

You simply select the 2 cities you wish to travel between, and it will
list the websites of low cost airlines which you can then visit to
check pricing and availability for cheap tickets.

Martin.

This week I flew SN Brussel airlines to Glasgow.
Ryanair costs the same and is more hassle.