Mystery Name Of The Week

Old September 12th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Freddyp

Default Mystery Name Of The Week

Diana

Your reading skills are a little off, Perhaps you should give it one more
try. A complaint does not equal a whine nor does the suggestion that George
take over for Peter a cheap shot. You really should stay out of the fray and
give yourself a break cause no one else will.

"D Ball" wrote in message

You know, I generally stay as far as possible out of the fray, but give me
a break. As remarkably kind and generous as the posters have been in

responding
to your whining, Freddy--including the targeted TAs (Peter, of course, and
then George, to whom you directed a very cheap shot)--is there nothing at
least civil and intelligent you can offer in response?

I, for one, am all for enforcing the "no advertising" guidelines--and I

use
that term loosely, as the group's governing credo has more holes than a

sieve.
Nonetheless, the GGCs of whatever color or stripe are part and parcel of
what rec.travel.cruises is all about. The fact that strangers have become
"new old friends" over a love of cruising shared via Usenet is something
rather precious, to be celebrated, IMHO. Today, of all days, we are

reminded
that there is too much wrong with the world to be getting all tied up over
whether this year's GGC TA is overly aggressive or not. Jeepers, creepers.
If you don't want to read about GGC events, happenings and mystery winners
(which is a pretty darn creative marketing tool, if you care to give even
begrudging admiration to Peter), the beauty of Usenet is that you don't

have
to! Just filter all of that stuff out if you can't exercise the

self-discipline
on your own to simply ignore the stuff.

But no, bottom line, I don't agree that GGC chatter should be kept

off-site.
Sometimes I read it, sometimes I don't--but it belongs here, and it's my
choice whether to access it or not.

Diana Ball
Near Houston, TX
http://www.dianaball.net

NCL Sea - W Carib - Holidays 99
RCI Explorer - E Carib - Holidays 00
RCI Rhapsody - W Carib - Holidays 01 (back-to-back)
NCL Star - Hawaii - June 02
Dawn Princess - Alaska - July 02
Star Princess - Mex Riviera - Holidays 02
RCI Serenade - Transatlantic - Maiden 08/04/03
RCI Mariner - E Carib - Holidays 03

"Freddyp" wrote:

"Karen Selwyn" wrote in message
anycruise wrote:

WHY does this ADVERTISING need to be posted here. Don't you have a

web
site for the groups and or your agency. Post the names there and
suggest that everbody check your site everyday or week as the case
maybe. Send all of your groups an email announcing this and keep your
advertising there. This makes more sense. I am sure many others feel
this way also.

What a sensible suggestion!!! You've come up with a win-win solution!

hope Peter Berlin follows up on your excellent recommendation!

Karen Selwyn

Do you really think he is capable?