What to do - no seats on LH?

Old September 16th, 2003, 11:35 AM
Leo Hamulczyk

Default What to do - no seats on LH?

A friend of mine is in Poland at the moment and has a return ticket
WAW-FRA-BKK on LH and BKK-MEL on TG. THe ticket has validity of 12 months
(expires mid-July 04, so time isn't an issue), and he can use any LH
operated or codeshare flight in Europe, but only LH operated flights to BKK.
Anyway, he wants to fly WAW-FRA-BKK on October 9, but FRA-BKK is booked out
in H class from 26th September onward right through till at least the end of
November (didn't check any further). I've asked the travel agent to book him
on the September 25 flights and waitlist him for the 9th of October.

(Note: as to why I'm dealing with this. We booked our tickets together, I
came home early, he stayed in Europe, and as the ticket is through a
consolidator and all changes must go through LH in Sydney, it is easier for
me to deal with it via our travel agent than for him to do it through LH in
Poland which would probably have to contact LH in Sydney anyway.)

Anyway, I'm wondering whether the best way of getting him WAW-FRA-BKK on Oct
9 would be to book him onto a WAW-FRA flight on Oct 9, book him on the next
available H class seat on FRA-BKK (which could be Dec or Jan) and for him to
try his luck on the day in FRA. What do you think? I'm presuming there will
most likely be at least one seat left and they'll give it to him on the day,
or if not, the next day or so.

Leo H

Old September 21st, 2003, 08:30 PM
Air4712

As a matter of fact, when he has no confirmed seat on the FRA-BKK flight,
the bags might not been through checked.
And it is most likely that he will be either charged to the next higher fare
or left behind.
There is a reason why certain tickets have to be booked in certain classes.
Good luck
air4711