Hurricane Frances Updates!

Old September 2nd, 2004, 08:43 PM
villa deauville

It will be very interesting to see how Carnival is expecting to get to
the Bahamas. Maybe they have discovered a magic carpet that flies

SUNNY

Old September 2nd, 2004, 10:37 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Hi Everyone,

I received this information from Disney and thought it would be of
interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Disney Destinations Hurricane Frances Update

Thursday, Sept. 2, 4 p.m.

Walt Disney World and Walt Disney Travel Company

In an effort to allow the Disney Reservations Center in Florida to
handle critical guest needs as Hurricane Frances approaches and
throughout the weekend, we respectfully ask that travel agents with
non-critical/future-bookings related inquiries wait until Tuesday,
Sept. 7 to make those calls. This information is subject to change. In
the meanwhile, please use online booking resources
(disneytravelagents.com and GDS systems) to book future reservations.

As announced Sept. 1, a temporary cancellation and "No Show" policy
has been adopted for travel agents who have booked reservations
through Walt Disney World or the Walt Disney Travel Company (agents
that have booked through another tour operator should contact that
company for its specific cancellation policy).

"No Show" penalties will be waived for any Guest arrivals between
Friday, Sept. 3 and Monday, Sept. 6, 2004.

Agents with clients arriving between Wednesday, Sept. 1 and Monday,
Sept. 6, 2004 can have their reservations rebooked for another time
period and apply the existing deposit/payment, or cancel and have the
deposit/payment fully refunded.

Also, please be aware that the Disney Reservation Center is currently
experiencing a challenge with fax confirmations. The systems issue
will be addressed and hopefully resolved by Tuesday, Sept. 7.

Disney Cruise Line

Disney Cruise Line continues to monitor Hurricane Frances very
closely. At this time, it is probable that the storm will impact air
travel into the Central Florida area through Sunday. Given this
information, the schedules for the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder are
being modified.

The Disney Magic scheduled to depart Saturday, Sept. 4 will now sail
on Monday, Sept. 6 on a five-night voyage from Port Canaveral at 7
p.m.

The Disney Wonder sailing scheduled to begin on Sunday, Sept. 5 will
now sail on Monday, Sept. 6 on a three-night voyage from Port
Canaveral at 6 p.m.

Clients sailing the modified five-night voyage on the Disney Magic
will automatically receive a 40 percent refund off their current
voyage fare, plus a $200 shipboard credit to utilize during the
voyage. In addition, they will receive a 25 percent discount off a
future sailing with Disney Cruise Line. The discount can be applied
toward any three-, four-, or seven-night Disney Cruise Line cruise
only vacation (excluding holiday sailings) booked by Dec. 31, 2004 and
commencing prior to Oct. 1, 2005.

Clients sailing on the modified Disney Wonder three-night voyage will
automatically receive a 30 percent refund off their current voyage
fare, plus a $100 shipboard credit to utilize during the voyage. In
addition, they will receive a 25 percent discount off a future sailing
with Disney Cruise Line. The discount can be applied toward any
three-, four-, or seven-night Disney Cruise Line cruise only vacation
(excluding holiday sailings) booked by Dec. 31, 2004 and commencing
prior to Oct. 1, 2005.

All rates and travel agency commissions for both sailings are being
protected.

The Disney Cruise Line Reservations Center is currently being
inundated with calls from travel agents and their clients regarding
the status of the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder itineraries for this
weekend. Due to the urgent need to quickly communicate itinerary
adjustments to all affected guests, Disney Cruise Line will depart
from standard policy and will communicate this information directly to
the guest if the guest calls in before Disney Cruise Line is able to
make the outbound call to the travel agency. Disney Cruise Line will
inform affected travel agencies of our interaction with their clients
as quickly as possible.

Other Central Florida Information

Orlando International Airport will cease flights at noon on Friday,
Sept. 3, and will reopen when reasonable.

Old September 2nd, 2004, 10:43 PM
Dick Goldhaber

You have to hate a hell of a lot, you anonymous coward, to continue to post
at this time.

I don't ever call upon God, but this time I hope that one day you need God's
help, and He remembers what you have done.

When that time comes, you won't need to remember how easy it was to create a
fraud anonymous remailer account.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ
ojunk

"Marty" wrote in message
. theremailer.net...
Shut up, Sunburned, just shut up and let Ray do his job.

Old September 2nd, 2004, 11:36 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Hi Everyone,

I received this information from Holland America and thought it would
be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Holland America Line Announces Cruise Itinerary Changes Due to
Hurricane Frances

SEATTLE, Sept. 2
As it monitors developments with Hurricane Frances - currently in the
Caribbean and Bahamas region and approaching Florida - Holland America
Line has announced itinerary changes for its only ship in the
Caribbean region at this time, the ms Zuiderdam. All other vessels are
operating on normal schedules.
"At Holland America Line, the safety and comfort of our guests are our
top priorities," said Stein Kruse, president and chief operating
officer. "We are hoping to minimize the impact this unfortunate event
has on our guests."

Currently, the ms Zuiderdam is sailing south of Hispanola, in calm
seas, sunshine and light winds. This vessel, which was scheduled to
call in Nassau on Friday, September 3rd, will instead spend the day at
sea, far from the impacts of the storm. The ship was scheduled to
arrive in Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) at the conclusion of its
cruise on Saturday, September 4th.

The US Coast Guard has closed Port Everglades to incoming vessels due
to the approaching hurricane. Depending on the impact of the storm,
the port is expected to re-open sometime late Saturday afternoon or
Sunday. The ms Zuiderdam will arrive at Port Everglades as soon as
practical following the opening of the port.

Additionally, the Saturday, September 4th sailing of the ms Zuiderdam
will now depart on Sunday, September 5th at 8:00pm. The cruise
itinerary has been changed with the addition of Ocho Rios, Jamaica,
and cancellation of Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, and Key West.

The revised itinerary is as follows:

Date Location Arrive Depart
Sunday, Sept 5 Fort Lauderdale 8 pm
Monday, Sept 6 at sea
Tuesday, Sept 7 Cozumel Mexico 7 am 5 pm
Wednesday, Sept 8 Georgetown, Cayman Is 8 am 5 pm
Thursday, Sept 9 Ocho Rios, Jamaica 7 am 5 pm
Friday, Sept 10 at sea
Saturday, Sept 11 Fort Lauderdale 8 am

Guests booked on the Saturday, September 4th sailing of the ms
Zuiderdam have the following options:

* Sail the revised 6-day itinerary and receive a Holland America
Line
future travel discount in the amount of 25 percent of the
cruise fare
paid, plus a ship board credit ranging from $150 - $500 per
person
(based on cabin category purchased).

* Guests opting not to sail will receive a full cash refund.
Please
contact the Holland America Line reservations center at
800-577-1728
by 3:00 pm PDT Saturday, September 4th to receive this refund.

Holland America Line continues to closely monitor the storm and will
make additional changes if needed. For the latest information and to
listen to recorded updates, call 888-624-5788.

www.hollandamerica.com -

Old September 3rd, 2004, 12:18 AM
DaFlaBear

Ray,
Thank you for the updates.
I'm scheduled to travel on the Explorer from Miami this Sunday.
My problem is that I live in Port St. Lucie, Florida just about 35 miles
North of West Palm Beach.
I'm not sure if I'll even have a house by then if Frances stays on her
current course.
I'm screwed any way you look at it.

Old September 3rd, 2004, 01:35 AM
Karen Henelde

Ray,

You are to be commended for your efforts in keeping this NG updated with the
most current information available from the different cruise lines. I would
like to add my good wishes for the safety of everyone who is potentially in
harm's way. My prayers and best wishes are with you all.

Karen
Owings Mills, MD

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

I received this update from NCL.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

HURRICANE FRANCES UPDATE

As Hurricane Frances approaches South Florida, the NCL corporate
headquarters and reservations offices will temporarily close beginning
3 p.m. EST Thursday, September 2nd and all day Friday, September 3rd,
allowing our employees and their families time to prepare.

NCL is sending a group of key staff to an offsite location to activate
a satellite reservations office as a contingency in the event it
becomes necessary. While uncertainty regarding the path of Hurricane
Frances exists, please continue to call the regular NCL number,
1-800-327-7030, for updates or visit our website at www.ncl.com.

Norwegian Dawn's August 29th voyage has been adjusted, canceling calls
at both Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau, replacing them with a visit to
Freeport. The remainder of the NCL fleet is unaffected. We will keep
you advised of subsequent itinerary adjustments resulting from the
storm as necessary.

If you have customers whose travel arrangements may be impacted by
Hurricane Frances, we have a team of agents available to assist
wherever possible. To contact them, please call the regular NCL
number, 1-800-327-7030.

Thank you for your understanding with this temporary disruption of
service. We look forward to being fully operational as soon as
possible.

Old September 3rd, 2004, 02:54 AM
clint

Goldie, people are exhausted and terrified in Florida, and you keep
schilling your sleazy business with your stupid cruise ship posts! Have you
no shame?
"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
news
[...]

Date Location Arrive Depart