paris -family week easter

Old March 2nd, 2004, 06:25 PM
jamesp

Default paris -family week easter

hi
i am going to paris with 3 kids[ 13-9] in easter. 2 days disney 2 days city
and i would like to go by train to a small village outside paris for 3
nights. can anybody suggest a pretty town with a nice relaxing hotel ?
suitable for kids [price not important]

Old March 2nd, 2004, 07:42 PM
Bernard T. Higonnet

jamesp wrote:

hi
i am going to paris with 3 kids[ 13-9] in easter. 2 days disney 2 days
city and i would like to go by train to a small village outside paris for
3 nights. can anybody suggest a pretty town with a nice relaxing hotel ?
suitable for kids [price not important]

Any such towns would take longer to reach than going to Avignon or
Marseilles! Trains don't go to small villages that much any more... My
personal preference would be to rent a nice apartment in Paris for a week
which is actually rather restful IMHO (and a whole lot cheaper).

Arguing with a poster is much help, but are you sure your children would
find a small village better than Paris?

What you could do is zip down to Provence in the TGV and stay in a nice
village there (last leg by car or bus necessarily). The weather should be
perfect. One of my favorites is Uzès which is relaxed, pretty and should be
calm at Easter time.

Wish I could be more helpful!

Bernard Higonnet
Old March 2nd, 2004, 09:06 PM
Kurt Weber/Debra Cole-Weber

At the risk that the OP knows his children and want they want; I will go
out on a limb and agree with Bernard. An apartment in Paris would be a
treat and the kids could have a grand time. I don't know what a 13 year
old would do in a quiet village. My own once-13-year-old would have
nagged me to death. Stay in Paris where there is so much that is fun
for kids. Also, 2, 2, and 3 nights is alot of moving around in a short
time. 2 in Disney and 5 in Paris would suit me and mine much better.