Xel-Ha From Cozumel or Costa Maya

Old March 18th, 2004, 03:18 PM
War And Buff It

Default Xel-Ha From Cozumel or Costa Maya

Greetings....We would love to check out Xel-Ha on an upcoming cruise
to Cozumel and Costa Maya. Is it possible to have a leisurely day at
this park from either one of these stops? We will be in port at
Cozumel for 11 hours and Costa maya for 8 hours. How far is this park
from either of these locations? Can it be done without being rushed?
Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks
IBD
Old March 18th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On 18 Mar 2004 07:18:22 -0800, (War And Buff It)

Hey, WB, any luck on predicting that homeland nuclear attack yet?
Old March 18th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Brian K

On 03/18/2004 10:18 AM War And Buff It wrote:

Greetings....We would love to check out Xel-Ha on an upcoming cruise
to Cozumel and Costa Maya. Is it possible to have a leisurely day at
this park from either one of these stops? We will be in port at
Cozumel for 11 hours and Costa maya for 8 hours. How far is this park
from either of these locations? Can it be done without being rushed?
Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks
IBD

Riviera Maya covers a lot of geography from Cancun to Tulum, Xel-ha
included as it is located in the Mayan Riviera. Which port along the
Mayan Riviera is the port of call for your ship?

Excursions originating in Cozumel use the Playa del Carmen ferry to take
you to the mainland or Riviera Maya. It takes about a half hour each
way by ferry from Cozumel to Playa del Carmen. Then from Playa it's
about 40 minutes each way to Xel-ha. Depending on when this excursion
leaves, you'll have plenty of time to spend at Xel-ha. One thing should
be noted: If the weather turns bad and the sea too choppy the ferry
does not run between Playa del Carmen. If this is a ship's excursion
they will probably have advance notice of bad weather. The excursion
will be canceled rather than leave passengers behind, stranded.

Since I don't know your port for the Riviera Maya I can't say how long
it would take. Costa Maya is the marketing term for the West Coast of
Mexico. You will have to travel across the entire United States of
Mexico to reach Xel-ha from any town on the Costa Maya. When I last
checked Riviera Maya and Costa Maya were not interchangeable for the
same strip of land between Cancun and Tulum. I could be wrong.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old March 18th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Jim

It is offered as a shore excursion from Cozumel and is highly recommended by
those that have been there. It isn't really possible from Costa Maya.
Jim

om...