The Euro at $1.55

Old March 12th, 2008, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_6_]

Default The Euro at $1.55

and oil at $107. According to forecasts the Euro might climb to $1.60.
China apparently has started reducing its dollar reserves.
--

Alfred Molon
Old March 12th, 2008, 09:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Alfred Molon wrote:
and oil at $107. According to forecasts the Euro might climb to $1.60.
China apparently has started reducing its dollar reserves.

I think you have it backward - the problem is not that the euro is
"climbing", but that the dollar is SHRINKING!
Old March 12th, 2008, 10:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:21:43 -0700,
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Alfred Molon wrote:
and oil at $107. According to forecasts the Euro might climb to $1.60.
China apparently has started reducing its dollar reserves.

I think you have it backward - the problem is not that the euro is
"climbing", but that the dollar is SHRINKING!

Problem for whom?

Many financial organizations in Europe, and some EU governemnts,
think the euro has risen too far, too fast.

Old March 12th, 2008, 10:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , Hatunen says...

Problem for whom?

Many financial organizations in Europe, and some EU governemnts,
think the euro has risen too far, too fast.

And some US companies are charging in Europe for their products the
dollar price in Euro. They must be thinking Europeans are stupid.
--

Alfred Molon
Old March 12th, 2008, 10:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
says...

I think you have it backward - the problem is not that the euro is
"climbing", but that the dollar is SHRINKING!

How can all those American SUV owners afford to pay the gas bill?
--

Alfred Molon

Old March 13th, 2008, 12:10 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dusty Furtile Morrocan

On the particular moment of Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:42:33 +0100 in
relation to Mary's disappointingly immaculate rumpy pumpy, Alfred
Molon put forth:

and oil at $107. According to forecasts the Euro might climb to $1.60.
China apparently has started reducing its dollar reserves.

OH MY GOD! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old March 13th, 2008, 12:42 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:30:32 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Hatunen says...

Problem for whom?

Many financial organizations in Europe, and some EU governemnts,
think the euro has risen too far, too fast.

And some US companies are charging in Europe for their products the
dollar price in Euro. They must be thinking Europeans are stupid.

Such a policy would last only so long as it worked. Does it?

Please name a few of these products.

Old March 13th, 2008, 01:18 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mxsmanic

Alfred Molon writes:

and oil at $107. According to forecasts the Euro might climb to $1.60.
China apparently has started reducing its dollar reserves.

Given that the U.S. is doing all the wrong things to address the problem, this
is not surprising. China surely wants to minimize its risk.