Port Of Miami

Old May 21st, 2007, 12:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Synwave

Default Port Of Miami

Is there any nice. moderate priced Hotels down by the Port Of Miami.
Thanks for any help.

Old May 21st, 2007, 01:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mike[_1_]

Synwave wrote:
Is there any nice. moderate priced Hotels down by the Port Of Miami.
Thanks for any help.

Funny - someone asked that very question on cruisecritic.com today.
We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Biscayne Blvd in the past and the prices
were always good there but I tried reserving for next Feb and they want
$200. Way too much for a Holidayy Inn. You could try the Continental
(but be warned he reviews are not generous).
Old May 21st, 2007, 04:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Synwave wrote:

Is there any nice. moderate priced Hotels down by the Port Of Miami.
Thanks for any help.

Several people have had success on Priceline. I stayed at the
Hyatt for an excellent price a few years ago.

Bill
Old May 21st, 2007, 05:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rog'

"Synwave" wrote:
Is there any nice. moderate priced Hotels down by the
Port Of Miami. Thanks for any help.

I like the small+compact Hampton Inn at the Southern
end of Brickell Avenue, near Rickenbacker Causeway.

Old May 21st, 2007, 12:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

I'm not sure how much you want to pay & how far from the port you're willing
to travel but near the airport there are a few cheaper places that also have
a free shuttle to the port.

Old May 22nd, 2007, 01:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Boomer" wrote in message
. ..
I'm not sure how much you want to pay & how far from the port you're
willing to travel but near the airport there are a few cheaper places that
also have a free shuttle to the port.

Which hotels? Would you name them? I'm looking at Miami for one night
pre-cruise on Dec.7th.
Thanks,
--Jean

Old May 22nd, 2007, 05:02 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

"Boomer" wrote in message
. ..
I'm not sure how much you want to pay & how far from the port you're
willing to travel but near the airport there are a few cheaper places
that also have a free shuttle to the port.

Which hotels? Would you name them? I'm looking at Miami for one night
pre-cruise on Dec.7th.
Thanks,
--Jean

Sue's working on something.

--Tom

Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

The last time I used a motel in the Miami area was in Sept 2002 & we stayed
at the Fairfield Inn near the airport. Address is 3959 NW 79 Th. St. At the
time we found the place to be clean, the pool was great & they had a free
shuttle to the port as well as free parking to the cruise BUT after reading
the latest comments about the place I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Most
of the comments were negative & I wouldn't stay there again. Sorry.
I now use the cruise connection bus in Florida for $59 p/p & let them worry
about the driving.

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

. ..

Old May 23rd, 2007, 12:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Tom K" wrote in message
Sue's working on something.

--Tom

She sure came up with a good one, Tom!

--Jean

Old May 23rd, 2007, 04:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

We just need to get 3 more folks to get rooms and we are good to go!
BUT we need 3 more the 2 I thought were going to stay are staying in
Ft Lauderdale so if anyone on here needs a room for a good rate for
Dec 7 we would love you to come and join in!