St. Lucia - Sandals Day Pass or Anse Chastanet Beach?

Old March 3rd, 2004, 11:16 AM
Larry Simon

Default St. Lucia - Sandals Day Pass or Anse Chastanet Beach?

We're on the Summit on March 26th, for our St. Lucia stop we're considering
either getting a day pass for Sandals Grande Beach Resort or taking the
ships excursion through Jungle Reef Adventures for the full day
beach/snorkeling trip to Anse Chastanet.

I've read lots of nice comments about both. And while we don't usually take
excursions via ship the trip to the Anse Marmin beach on the Anse Chastanet
grounds sounds nice. we contacted the resort directly and they told us they
no longer offer day passes nor non-guests on the Anse Chastanet beach
proper, but that their affiliate runs the cruise ship tours to the nearby
beach on their property.

One the one hand we've always wondered what Sandals was like, on the other
hand the pictures of the south western area of Anse Chastanet look great and
we like beaches and snorkeling. I don't suppose anyone here has done both
and could say if one is a "Must do" as opposed to the other? Boy, life's
decisions sure are hard!

Old March 5th, 2004, 01:38 AM
George Howarth

Went to Sandals Golf when we went on the Constellation. Excellent time to
do a Sandals to see if its what you would like to do (beats dropping 4 to 5
grand and finding out that its not your cup of tea.) FWIW, we liked it but
then we had stayed at the Jamaican Sandals twice before this cruise.