Booked on one airline--operated by another -- which gate?

Old April 18th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Suki

Default Booked on one airline--operated by another -- which gate?

I booked a flight from Washington (DCA) to New York (LGA) on United Airlines
Flight#2986 which is operated by US Airways. At LGA, there is a separate
terminal for US Airways versus United, which is at the main terminal. Where
will my flight land? Shall I tell my sister to pick me up at the US Airways
terminal or the United terminal.

Thank you in advance.

Old April 18th, 2004, 05:08 PM
mag3

Quoting "Suki" regarding Booked on one airline--operated
by another -- which gate? in a message dated Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:35:20 -0400:

I booked a flight from Washington (DCA) to New York (LGA) on United Airlines
Flight#2986 which is operated by US Airways. At LGA, there is a separate
terminal for US Airways versus United, which is at the main terminal. Where
will my flight land? Shall I tell my sister to pick me up at the US Airways
terminal or the United terminal.

Off hand, I would say to use the terminal of the airline operating the flight
(in this case, US Airways), since US Airways will have its own flight number
for the flight (in this case #2186) for which its own pax. will have booked
under its own number/name.

But of course, always check with the airlines to be sure.

__________________________________

Regards,
Arnold.

(E-mail address altered, to prevent spamming. :-|
Remove all asterisks and the *hates*spam* to get true address.)
Old April 19th, 2004, 01:02 AM
John R. Levine

I booked a flight from Washington (DCA) to New York (LGA) on United
Airlines Flight#2986 which is operated by US Airways. At LGA, there
is a separate terminal for US Airways versus United, which is at the
main terminal. Where will my flight land? Shall I tell my sister to
pick me up at the US Airways terminal or the United terminal.

The general rule is that the you go to the terminal and gate of the
airline operating the flight.

In this particular case, the plane you're on is the 8 PM air-shuttle.
At DCA, you check in and leave at the air-shutle gates all the way at
the north end of the DCA terminal (to your left as you come in from
the subway). At LGA, you'll be coming in at the US Airways terminal,
and the air-shuttle gates let you out at the east end of the terminal,
near the taxi stand. If she wants to come in and find you, there'll
probably be spaces in lot #4 in front of the terminal, but at that
hour I'd suggest she just wait for you at the curb. Note that private
cars can't use the roadway closest to the terminal, so you'll have to
find her on the second road.

Old April 23rd, 2004, 03:17 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article ,
"Suki" wrote:

I booked a flight from Washington (DCA) to New York (LGA) on United Airlines
Flight#2986 which is operated by US Airways. At LGA, there is a separate
terminal for US Airways versus United, which is at the main terminal. Where
will my flight land? Shall I tell my sister to pick me up at the US Airways
terminal or the United terminal.

Call the airline to ask.