Digital camera

Old April 15th, 2005, 11:47 AM
The Reids

Default Digital camera

Following up to nitram

Did you sort out connecting your digital camera body to a PC?

I can do JPEG, but don't have a way of reading the RAW files
because the Pentax software requires Win2000 + as does Phtoshop
CS which could also read them.

You'll find that if you buy a new PC with USB ports your scanner won't
work with it.

I need to upgrade Windows, which i'm working on. My scanner
certainly isn't USB, I forget the name of the method it uses. One
you string things together on, SCSI or something, don't new PCs
support that?
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-Photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old April 15th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Keith W

"nitram" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:47:45 +0100, The Reids
wrote:

Following up to nitram

Did you sort out connecting your digital camera body to a PC?

I can do JPEG, but don't have a way of reading the RAW files
because the Pentax software requires Win2000 + as does Phtoshop
CS which could also read them.

How did you connect your camera to your PC? Most if not all need a USB
port.

You'll find that if you buy a new PC with USB ports your scanner won't
work with it.

I need to upgrade Windows, which i'm working on. My scanner
certainly isn't USB, I forget the name of the method it uses. One
you string things together on, SCSI or something, don't new PCs
support that?

There was no WinXP driver available for my old scanner.

SCSI Scanners should work OK , its the ones that used
the printer port that generally wont work.

Keith

Old April 15th, 2005, 01:08 PM
The Reids

Following up to nitram

I can do JPEG, but don't have a way of reading the RAW files
because the Pentax software requires Win2000 + as does Phtoshop
CS which could also read them.

How did you connect your camera to your PC? Most if not all need a USB
port.

The camera will only connect direct via USB .2 in Win98se or
better. A card reader can read the memory card via a USB .1
connection.

You'll find that if you buy a new PC with USB ports your scanner won't
work with it.

I need to upgrade Windows, which i'm working on. My scanner
certainly isn't USB, I forget the name of the method it uses. One
you string things together on, SCSI or something, don't new PCs
support that?

There was no WinXP driver available for my old scanner.

Win 2000 drivers are said to work with XP.
Old April 15th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Keith W

"nitram" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:08:46 +0100, The Reids
wrote:

Win 2000 drivers are said to work with XP.

Some cynics might say believe it when it works :-)

Some Win95/98 software works on my WinXP.

Well written Win9x software that uses the windows
API's should work OK but a lot of Win9x sofware
wrote direct to the hardware and that just doesn't
work with NT based operating systems like
Win 2k and XP

Keith

Old April 15th, 2005, 02:08 PM
The Reids

Following up to The Reids

There was no WinXP driver available for my old scanner.

Win 2000 drivers are said to work with XP.

Ive downloaded one from Minolta, lets hope its the right one.
Old April 15th, 2005, 02:15 PM
The Reids

Following up to nitram

So you have a USB port on your PC?

Yes

You'll find that if you buy a new PC with USB ports your scanner won't
work with it.

I need to upgrade Windows, which i'm working on. My scanner
certainly isn't USB, I forget the name of the method it uses. One
you string things together on, SCSI or something, don't new PCs
support that?

There was no WinXP driver available for my old scanner.

Win 2000 drivers are said to work with XP.

Some cynics might say believe it when it works :-)

Some Win95/98 software works on my WinXP.

some 3.1 software, like my own, works on XP, hardware tends to
need new drivers.
Old April 15th, 2005, 02:15 PM
The Reids

Following up to Keith W

Well written Win9x software that uses the windows
API's should work OK

in that case i'll repeat that the software wot I wrote for 3.1/95
works on XP :-)