Snakes In and Around Perth?

Old November 6th, 2006, 01:56 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Alan S[_1_]

Default Snakes In and Around Perth?

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 00:02:58 +0800,
wrote:

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 12:46:25 +1100, Alan S wrote:

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 11:18:05 +1000, "Ross"
wrote:

I think you mean an Eastern Brown.

A King Brown is a desert dweller and you are more likely to see them around
Alice and the NT.

Another name for them is Mulga Snake. Big buggers they are, too.

Oddly enough, the King Brown is a member of the Black Snake family.

Ross

You may be right - I'm not an expert. Came from the creek
(see my blog), was about 2 to 2.5m long, darkish golden
brown on top, lighter on the bottom, sleek and shiny. And
very active crossing the road until a 4wd halted it's
progress and it's life.

Awwww !

Now you should'nt have mentioned that about the 4WD. Now that dickhead
Scruby fella may have another go about how dangerous 4WD are !

Which I was quite relieved to see. Yeah, I know, I should
have caught it and released it in the wild. Sounds
marvellous when you're in a loungeroom watching TV; a bit
different when you're barefoot and you're not Steve Irwin
and the thing is heading for you at a rate of knots.

A post-script.

This occurred just after I wrote that:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...246291336.html

I saw the guy on TV last night. He had tried to "do the
right thing" by picking it up and moving it to a safer
place. He mistook an aggressive Death Adder for a passive
blue-tongue. From above, in long grass, I can see the
similarity.

He said that the next wild animal he sees will have to look
after itself.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/