Newark hotels with easy access to Manhattan?

Old January 27th, 2008, 03:03 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
spam_me_not

Default Newark hotels with easy access to Manhattan?

I'm flying into Newark and not renting a car at all. Looking for
recommendations for a hotel in the Newark area that has easy access to
Manhattan. Something that's close to an NJ Transit bus line that goes to
Port Authority Terminal or similar. Thanks.

Old January 27th, 2008, 03:25 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Shawn Hirn

In article hwSmj.1991$cm6.1862@trndny05,
"spam_me_not" wrote:

I'm flying into Newark and not renting a car at all. Looking for
recommendations for a hotel in the Newark area that has easy access to
Manhattan. Something that's close to an NJ Transit bus line that goes to
Port Authority Terminal or similar. Thanks.

Why not just stay in Manhattan or perhaps Jersey City?
Old January 27th, 2008, 03:50 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
spam_me_not

Trying to keep expenses low. Cab fare into Manhattan is a lot. Hotels in
Manhattan are also spendy. Plus my flight leaves Newark early in the morn,
so want to stay close to the airport.

Old January 27th, 2008, 04:32 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
John Kulp

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 03:50:09 GMT, "spam_me_not"
wrote:

Trying to keep expenses low. Cab fare into Manhattan is a lot. Hotels in
Manhattan are also spendy. Plus my flight leaves Newark early in the morn,
so want to stay close to the airport.

Just stay at the airport then. They have shuttle service and you can
take either the train or bus to NYC
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:42 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
BrianK

On 1/26/2008 11:32 PM John Kulp did the "neutron dance", then made
these writings:
wrote:

Trying to keep expenses low. Cab fare into Manhattan is a lot. Hotels in
Manhattan are also spendy. Plus my flight leaves Newark early in the morn,
so want to stay close to the airport.

Just stay at the airport then. They have shuttle service and you can
take either the train or bus to NYC

None of the decent hotels near Newark Liberty International are
inexpensive. Most start at $125.00. Anything under than unless you are
using Priceline you wouldn't want to book. The Marriott is right on the
airport grounds. The sound proofing is excellent, as is everything
that's up to Marriott standards. When last I checked a single room was
$200.00 plus a night.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old January 27th, 2008, 03:01 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Binyamin Dissen

: wrote:

: Trying to keep expenses low. Cab fare into Manhattan is a lot. Hotels in
: Manhattan are also spendy. Plus my flight leaves Newark early in the morn,
: so want to stay close to the airport.

: Just stay at the airport then. They have shuttle service and you can
: take either the train or bus to NYC

:None of the decent hotels near Newark Liberty International are
:inexpensive. Most start at $125.00. Anything under than unless you are
:using Priceline you wouldn't want to book. The Marriott is right on the
:airport grounds. The sound proofing is excellent, as is everything
:that's up to Marriott standards. When last I checked a single room was
:$200.00 plus a night.

Subject to the definition of "decent". I have not stayed in any of them, but
have seen advertisements in the baggage claim and airtrain area for
hotels/motels under $80.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old January 27th, 2008, 03:29 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
John Kulp

wrote:

Trying to keep expenses low. Cab fare into Manhattan is a lot. Hotels in
Manhattan are also spendy. Plus my flight leaves Newark early in the morn,
so want to stay close to the airport.

Just stay at the airport then. They have shuttle service and you can
take either the train or bus to NYC

None of the decent hotels near Newark Liberty International are
inexpensive. Most start at $125.00. Anything under than unless you are
using Priceline you wouldn't want to book. The Marriott is right on the
airport grounds. The sound proofing is excellent, as is everything
that's up to Marriott standards. When last I checked a single room was
$200.00 plus a night.

That depends on your definition of decent. If it's Marriott, you're
right. Usually people trying to keep expenses down don't use it as a
definition. There's a Wyndham Garden there I saw for $84 and that's
on Orbitz. Usually, you can do cheaper on Hotwire and Priceline. If
he's just staying there to go into NYC and sleep there, that would be
fine.
Old January 27th, 2008, 05:37 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Keith Willshaw

"spam_me_not" wrote in message
I'm flying into Newark and not renting a car at all. Looking for
recommendations for a hotel in the Newark area that has easy access to
Manhattan. Something that's close to an NJ Transit bus line that goes to
Port Authority Terminal or similar. Thanks.

Why not just stay in Manhattan ?

There are plenty of moderate priced hotels in Midtown

Keith

Old January 27th, 2008, 08:31 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Runge 9

How much is moderate ?
$250 ?

"Keith Willshaw" a écrit dans
le message de ...

Old January 29th, 2008, 04:35 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
spam_me_not

Anybody have experience with the Holiday Inn at the Newark airport? Looks
like it's about $90 a night.

wrote:

Trying to keep expenses low. Cab fare into Manhattan is a lot. Hotels in
Manhattan are also spendy. Plus my flight leaves Newark early in the
morn, so want to stay close to the airport.

Just stay at the airport then. They have shuttle service and you can
take either the train or bus to NYC

None of the decent hotels near Newark Liberty International are
inexpensive. Most start at $125.00. Anything under than unless you are
using Priceline you wouldn't want to book. The Marriott is right on the
airport grounds. The sound proofing is excellent, as is everything that's
up to Marriott standards. When last I checked a single room was $200.00
plus a night.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera "Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!"