Ottawa Tulip Festival in May

Old February 4th, 2006, 01:36 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Ottawa Tulip Festival in May

Anyone been to the Tulip Festival with any interesting tips to share?
Was it worth travelling from Toronto?

Also what is interesting about Montreal? Can you get by if you cannot
speak French at all?

Old February 4th, 2006, 03:43 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

In article .com,
wrote:
Anyone been to the Tulip Festival with any interesting tips to share?
Was it worth travelling from Toronto?

I don't know about the tulip festival, but if you haven't been to
Ottawa before, I certainly think it's worth the trip from TO. The
tulip festival sounds beautiful!

Patty
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:21 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Le Sat, 04 Feb 2006, Dave Smith wrote:

I haven't been to the Tulip Fesitical but have been to Ottawa several
times. It is a great city. There is lots to see and do. There are several
great museums, the gallery (across the river in Hull)

The National Gallery is in Ottawa. Perhaps you're thinking of the
Civilization Museum, which is in Gatineau (formerly Hull).

--
Yves Bellefeuille
Google users: To reply to posts, click "show options" next to the
Old February 4th, 2006, 10:13 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

In article ,
Yves Bellefeuille wrote:

The National Gallery is in Ottawa. Perhaps you're thinking of the
Civilization Museum, which is in Gatineau (formerly Hull).

The Museum of Civilization (www.civilization.ca) is wonderful.
First get a look at its beautiful design from Parliament Hill,
then drive or take the bus over to Gatineau to go inside.

Oh, one more thing: the cat sanctuary at Parliament. Very nice!

I think the original poster has probably gotten the idea by now
that tulip festival or no tulip festival, Ottawa is a great place
to visit. I really want to get back there sometime.

Patty

Old February 4th, 2006, 10:48 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone been to the Tulip Festival with any interesting tips to share?
Was it worth travelling from Toronto?

Also what is interesting about Montreal? Can you get by if you cannot
speak French at all?

I live in the Ottawa and I can tell you that the Tulip Festival is a lot
of fun. There are many events spread over the Cities of Ottawa and
Gatineau.

Here's their url - www.tulipfestival.ca/

Allan

Old February 7th, 2006, 05:10 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

wrote in message
oups.com...

Also what is interesting about Montreal? Can you get by if
you cannot speak French at all?

There's lots interesting about Montreal. Many say it's got more of a
European flavour than pretty much any other city on this continent
(excepting Quebec City). It's got great night life, some excellent
restaurants, museums, skiing within an hour's drive (not in May, though),
lots of history, and yes, enough people who speak English that you won't
have any problems even if your French is non-existent.

Richard

Old February 7th, 2006, 08:09 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

I am just heading off to Ottawa this weekend for WinterLude, their
winter festival. One one of these days I'll catch their tulip festival
as well.

In anticipation of my trip to Ottawa and as the creator of a travel
website called www.travelandtransitions.com, I have done several
interviews with officials from Ottawa:

http://www.travelandtransitions.com/...ws/ottawa.htm: a general
overview of Ottawa and all the things to see and do in Ottawa.
http://www.travelandtransitions.com/...rd_market.htm:
these are the folks from the ByWard Market, one of Ottawa's nicest
entertainment/restaurant areas

http://www.ottawatourism.ca/ is the official website for tourism in
Ottawa and will give you further info about the tulip festival.

Also, if you like to write travel stories, check out our new Travel
Story Contest, http://www.travelandtransitions.com/contests.htm, you
could win a fabulous expedition cruise on the Amazon River or other
exciting travel prizes.

I hope this info helped. As I said, I am heading off to Ottawa this
weekend and will be writing detailed travel stories after I get back
with first-hand insights of Ottawa.

Best of luck,

- Susanne
www.travelandtransitions.com