Frontier Airlines and Peanuts??

Old June 18th, 2006, 06:43 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Frontier Airlines and Peanuts??

Was wondering if anyone out there knows if Frontier Airlines serves
peanuts on their flights? We have a peanut allergic child and their
customer service is absolutely no help. thanks.

Old June 18th, 2006, 06:06 PM posted to rec.travel.air

In article .com,
wrote:

Was wondering if anyone out there knows if Frontier Airlines serves
peanuts on their flights? We have a peanut allergic child and their
customer service is absolutely no help. thanks.

Call the airline and ask.
Old June 19th, 2006, 02:05 PM posted to rec.travel.air

wrote:

On 17 Jun 2006 22:43:01 -0700,
wrote:

Was wondering if anyone out there knows if Frontier Airlines serves
peanuts on their flights? We have a peanut allergic child and their
customer service is absolutely no help. thanks.

Hey, you sodden piece of cardboard, if they do serve peanuts (gawd
should only forbid!!), just say no. Keerist, when I see clueless
parents like you, I cringe. Why isn't there a license to breed?

It would be nice if it were that easy.

People who are severely allergic to peanuts can be affected simply by
contact with peanuts or inhalation. It can be life-threatening for those
people, similar to the effects of a bee sting for those allergic to bee
venom.

Contact sensitivity means they can have a reaction from peanut residue on
a seat or tray table left by a previous passenger who ate a bag of nuts,
or by inhalation when a hundred people on a plane simultaneously open up
their individual bags.

Here is a story about such an incident:

http://www.sptimes.com/News/123001/T...ue__Pean.shtml

Because of this risk, a number of airlines, like United, American,
Northwest, Jet Blue, Spirit and British Airways no longer serve peanuts
as snacks. Other airlines will serve other types of snacks on flights
carrying someone with a peanut allergy, on advance request. Some will
only provide a buffer zone, as required by law, where no peanuts are
served close to a person with an allergy.
Old June 20th, 2006, 07:53 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Was wondering if anyone out there knows if Frontier Airlines serves
peanuts on their flights? We have a peanut allergic child and their
customer service is absolutely no help. thanks.

Fly NWA..all they serve is those damn pretzels !

Old June 20th, 2006, 02:02 PM posted to rec.travel.air

"-L." wrote:

It doesn't matter what they tell you. I flew American a few weeks ago,
and was ASSURED that no peanuts had been seved on their fligts for
YEARS. Well, we sat down (first class) and I'll be damned if they
didn't set an entire BOWL full of nuts down in front of us.

American doesn't serve peanuts, and haven't for years. They were one of the
first to stop, after United. They do serve other kinds of nuts, though,
like almonds and cashews.
Old June 20th, 2006, 03:17 PM posted to rec.travel.air

"James Robinson" wrote ...
"-L." wrote:

It doesn't matter what they tell you. I flew American a few weeks ago,
and was ASSURED that no peanuts had been seved on their fligts for
YEARS. Well, we sat down (first class) and I'll be damned if they
didn't set an entire BOWL full of nuts down in front of us.

American doesn't serve peanuts, and haven't for years. They were one of
the
first to stop, after United. They do serve other kinds of nuts, though,
like almonds and cashews.

Not that L. would know the difference or care, "peanuts" are "nuts" in name
only, somewhat different than "nut" nuts....

So incensed was I by the airlines dropping peanuts that now I bring my own
(along with the occasional peanut butter sandwich) , carefully noting those
around me who fall into anaphylactic shock and are removed from the aircraft
on arrival covered with a blanket. There's nothing like a bag of San
Antonio "Hot Nuts" or a sammitch on whole wheat with a thick layer of Jif
Chunky and a dollop or two of mayhaw jelly to bring out the peanut
allergies, real and imagined. A good thick tunafish with chopped red onions
will almost guarantee empty seats nearby, while pickled herring, kimchi,
nuoc mam and several examples of garlic-laden salume can clear a row. It's
tough to get a durian aboard, but curried banana chips or the Malay shrimp
paste are fine alternatives.

I'm terribly sorry for any child (and his/her parents) who has serious
problems with allergies, but the current presumption of "protecting" the
sufferer by banishing products is intolerable. A "reformed" nicotine addict
after 40+ year of 2 packs a day, and not without occasional continued
cravings, I could not accept "banning" smoking in outdoor environments
simply to protect folks from a whiff of 'baccy fumes. Hell, watching girl's
rear ends and smoking cigarets formed the raison d'etre for sidewalk cafes.

A procedural note.... If traveling in a window seat and the occupant of the
aisle seat passes away during the flight, is it proper crawl across the
sprawled decedent or to wait for the remains to be removed before attempting
to debark? What about making a quick connection?

TMO

Old June 20th, 2006, 07:05 PM posted to rec.travel.air

James Robinson wrote:
"-L." wrote:

It doesn't matter what they tell you. I flew American a few weeks ago,
and was ASSURED that no peanuts had been seved on their fligts for
YEARS. Well, we sat down (first class) and I'll be damned if they
didn't set an entire BOWL full of nuts down in front of us.

American doesn't serve peanuts, and haven't for years. They were one of the
first to stop, after United. They do serve other kinds of nuts, though,
like almonds and cashews.

Well, they set an entire bowl of mixed nuts down in front of us that
contained peanuts, so how do you explain that?

-L.