Baltic Cruise August 26 2004

Old April 26th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Brahmama

Default Baltic Cruise August 26 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to bump this up - but couldn't figure out how to do it. So
I just cut and pasted the 1st page.

I'm hoping to connect with some other people that are taking this
cruise so that we can share some suggestions and hopefully some
transportation - to the ship - on tours etc.

Feel free to email me at:

if you will be on this sailing and prefer not to post.

Subject: Baltic Cruise August 26 2004 *
View this article onlyNewsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
Date: 2004-01-13 05:40:26 PST

We have signed up for the Constellation on this date.

If you are going on this cruise, let's share some ideas and research -
as there are many ports.

Brahmama / Carol Lee
Message 2 in threadFrom: Greg Moore )
View this article onlyNewsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
Date: 2004-01-13 16:09:07 PST

I sailed on a Baltic cruise last year on the Grandeur of the Seas. It
is
wonderful! My review is at Cruisemates.com, under Reader Reviews, RCI,
Grandeur of the Seas, August 23,2003, Lorellen. It's very detailed and
may
be of help. Also a great way to find others booked on your cruise is
to go
to CruiseCritic, Messeage Boards, Meet and Mingle.

Good luck,
Lorrie

"Brahmama" wrote in message
om...
We have signed up for the Constellation on this date.

If you are going on this cruise, let's share some ideas and research -
as there are many ports.

Brahmama / Carol Lee

Message 3 in threadFrom: KathyDFrog )
View this article onlyNewsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
Date: 2004-01-14 05:43:02 PST

We are also booked on this one. Be careful in Russia and wear layers.
That's
all I know.
Message 4 in threadFrom: Jeff Coudriet )
View this article onlyNewsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
Date: 2004-01-14 05:52:46 PST

It's not going to be all that cold in August! In fact, when I was in
St. Petersburg in August a few years ago (land trip) it was downright
warm, and no air conditioning anywhere!

Jeff

KathyDFrog wrote:

We are also booked on this one. Be careful in Russia and wear layers. That's
all I know.

Message 5 in threadFrom: Greg Moore )
View this article onlyNewsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
Date: 2004-01-14 09:56:29 PST

It can get very stuffy in the Hermitage. They have a coat check though
and
it's safe.They also have a money exchange desk close to the coat check
in
the museum. The temp was in the high 50's at the end of August last
year. We
went out on our own alot of the time. We had Russian Visas so we
roamed like
any other city. We never felt unsafe.

Lorrie

KathyDFrog wrote:

We are also booked on this one. Be careful in Russia and wear layers. That's
all I know.

Message 6 in threadFrom: Brahmama )
View this article onlyNewsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
Date: 2004-01-31 06:46:53 PST

Hi Lorrie,

Thanks for posting your review. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

We are going with RO with 2 other couples and have tailored it a bit
to fit our traveling style. We are going for a "Russian family lunch"
and added and deleted a few thigns. We are interested in the Choral
Synagogue which has just been restored and more time at the Hermitage.
We are probably going to have a very light lunch the other day.

The other ports will be more of a "do it ourselves" using public
trans, on and off buses and feet! After RO, we'll have to watch our
$$$.

Which was your favorite place to go? Besides St. Pete's that is.

KathyDFrog wrote:

We are also booked on this one. Be careful in Russia and wear layers. That's
all I know.

Message 7 in threadFrom: Brahmama )
View this article onlyNewsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
Date: 2004-02-07 09:25:46 PST

Well, I guess I am replying to my own post, but I do have some more
questions.

About London. We are arriving at Heathrow and plan to spend one night
before getting to Dover for the cruise the next day.

Is anyone else doing that? Where are you staying? And how are you
going from London to Dover?
Message 8 in threadFrom: FRUTH123 )
View this article onlyNewsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
Date: 2004-02-07 10:00:29 PST

We did this cruise mid August last year and stayed several days in
London prior
to our cruise. We took the train to Dover. There are trains leaving
all the
time so there is no problem getting on.

About London. We are arriving at Heathrow and plan to spend one night
before getting to Dover for the cruise the next day.

Is anyone else doing that? Where are you staying? And how are you
going from London to Dover?

Message 9 in threadFrom: Brahmama )
View this article onlyNewsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
Date: 2004-02-07 18:46:58 PST

Hey Fruth,

I have a bunch of questions - hope you don't mind and have a chance to
answer some of them.

Where did you stay? (whispering just in your ear - do you mind telling
me how much you paid per night ?)

The things that I fret about a how did you get to your hotel - how
did you get to the station. When you got to Dover Priory, was it easy
to transfer your bags to a taxi? Were there stairs? Can you tell I
worry a lot?

I just like to know things ahead of time and plan so that the trip
goes as smooth as possible, so that my dh doesn't have to worry AT ALL
about anything and that way - hopefully - we can do it again sometime!

ojunk (FRUTH123) wrote in message ...
We did this cruise mid August last year and stayed several days in London prior
to our cruise. We took the train to Dover. There are trains leaving all the
time so there is no problem getting on.

About London. We are arriving at Heathrow and plan to spend one night
before getting to Dover for the cruise the next day.

Is anyone else doing that? Where are you staying? And how are you
going from London to Dover?

Message 10 in threadFrom: Mason Barge )
View this article onlyNewsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
Date: 2004-02-08 16:19:23 PST

On 7 Feb 2004 09:25:46 -0800,
(Brahmama) wrote:

Well, I guess I am replying to my own post, but I do have some more
questions.

About London. We are arriving at Heathrow and plan to spend one night
before getting to Dover for the cruise the next day.

Is anyone else doing that? Where are you staying? And how are you
going from London to Dover?

The train to Dover leaves from Victoria Station and it's really a
pretty nice train.

Just stay where you want to and splurge on a wonderful London taxi to
Victoria. It's a big multipart station too, and a cabbie will drop
you off in the right place.

We have a really good hotel in the $150 range, the Regency Kensington.

http://www.about-london-hotels.co.uk...tel-London.asp

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please
bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln
Next 2
Jump to [ End of thread ]