Sheraton Roma Hotel - Surrounding

Old October 5th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Thomas Braun

Default Sheraton Roma Hotel - Surrounding

Hi,

I'm planning to stay in Rome next year and have taken the Sheraton Roma into
consideration.

I know it is quite far away from the cities center.

Has anyone here ever been to this hotel and can tell me how the surrounding
of the hotel looks like - someone told me it is located in an industrial
area...

Thanks
Thomas

Old October 5th, 2004, 04:31 PM
duncan

The Sheraton Roma Hotel is situated in the business heart of the capital,
surrounded by the lush greenery of the EUR district.

8km to the city centre
25km to the nearest airport: FCO
8km to the nearest station: TERMINI CENTRAL STATION
10 minute walk to nearest bus stop
5km to the nearest fair site: FIERA DI ROMA

The EUR district is not very good,its an industrial/business area

I suggest u the Cavalieri Hilton (www.cavalieri-hilton.it) , the best one in
Roma.

Take care
Dunc.
www.travelwhite.com

Old October 5th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Thomas Braun

Hi Duncan,

The EUR district is not very good,its an industrial/business area

I suggest u the Cavalieri Hilton (www.cavalieri-hilton.it) , the best one

in
Roma.

Thanks for the useful information and your suggestion, as I could see from
the website, the Hilton is a really nice place to be.

Thomas

Old October 5th, 2004, 07:16 PM
brenda

"Thomas Braun" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I'm planning to stay in Rome next year and have taken the Sheraton Roma into
consideration.

I know it is quite far away from the cities center.

Has anyone here ever been to this hotel and can tell me how the surrounding
of the hotel looks like - someone told me it is located in an industrial
area...

Thanks
Thomas

We've driven by many times on our way to the airport or port - it's
really not all that attractive & I too would describe the area as
industrial - sorry! There's another Sheraton Golf even further out,
but definitely inconvenient for Rome sightseeing & not all that
attractive either - altho not in an industrial area as I recall! We
got a good rate at the Bernini Bristol thru Summit Hotels last May -
it's a good 4 star in a great location - since it was our anniversary
they upgraded us to a suite with a little balcony & view of the
fountain. I have heard some of the rooms are rather worn, but we got
lucky.
Old October 5th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Ken Blake

In ,
Thomas Braun typed:

Hi Duncan,

The EUR district is not very good,its an industrial/business
area

I suggest u the Cavalieri Hilton (www.cavalieri-hilton.it) ,
the
best one in Roma.

Thanks for the useful information and your suggestion, as I
could see
from the website, the Hilton is a really nice place to be.

Bear in mind that as nice as the Cavalieri Hilton may be, it too
is far from the city center--the sites that tourists want to see.

Personally, I wouldn't choose the Hilton, for that reason.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Old October 5th, 2004, 11:30 PM
duncan

"Ken Blake" ha scritto nel messaggio
In ,
Thomas Braun typed:

Hi Duncan,

The EUR district is not very good,its an industrial/business
area

I suggest u the Cavalieri Hilton (www.cavalieri-hilton.it) ,
the
best one in Roma.

Thanks for the useful information and your suggestion, as I
could see
from the website, the Hilton is a really nice place to be.

Bear in mind that as nice as the Cavalieri Hilton may be, it too
is far from the city center--the sites that tourists want to see.

Personally, I wouldn't choose the Hilton, for that reason.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

The Cavalieri is in the MonteMario hill , from ur room u can view the Rome
skyline.
And its not that far,the hotel navette it takes 10 mins to be in Via Veneto.

I spent 3 days in Cavalieri and believe me its very relaxing be in that
place.

Btw if u want to find another hotel try www.travelwhite.com

Cheers,
Dunc.

Old October 7th, 2004, 06:24 AM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"duncan" wrote:

The Cavalieri is in the MonteMario hill , from ur room u can view the Rome
skyline.
And its not that far,the hotel navette it takes 10 mins to be in Via Veneto.

more like 20 minutes