Maui Hotels

Old October 19th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Ted

Default Maui Hotels

I am going to Maui in November & I am looking for info on hotels.
Right now I am booked at the Maui Prince for 4 nights but have been
considering changing to something else. Is this palce any good? I hear
the pool is really dinky. I want this to be a special vacation, not
just a bargain hunt. I think the Kannapali area may be a little too
crowded for me. I want somewhere a little more relaxing and romantic,
maybe in the Wailea area. The Fairmont Kea Lani is sold out, the Four
seasons is out because the tour operator I signed up with doesn't book
there. How does the Renaissance Wailea or the Wailea Marriott stack up
against the Prince? Its hard to tell by reading the reviews, people
ALWAYS find stuff to complain about and maybe they are just in a bad
mood or ultra picky. I would appreciate any tips! Thanks in advance!!!
Ted
Old October 20th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Paddler

We stayed at the Marriott Outrigger in Wailea in March, 2003. Had an
ocean front room. The view of western Maui was beautiful. We saw
whales breaching from our terrace. Nice shopping center you can walk
to behind the hotel too.

We didn't eat much there. Breakfast was so-so. Seafood Buffet was
good.

Save up and go to Mama's Fish House. I forget the town but its about
8 miles east of the airport on the way to Hana.
Send me an email if you want to see some pictures. Or I may come
back later and post a link.
Al

Old December 29th, 2004, 05:21 PM
PJPotter

Based upon what you've said, I think you'll be disappointed in the Prince.
It's pool area is definitely very plain and unexciting. The grounds are
nice but not special. It is well maintained. I walked through it a year
ago and was surprised at how much less interesting it was than when it first
opened.

Don't really know much about the Renaissance or Marriott but most of the
places in Wailea area are nice. The pictures on the web are probably
representative of what you would get...........Pam, owner of a condo in Maui
and travel there often

m...