Quick info on credit card advances

Old February 10th, 2004, 02:19 PM
hectorcorrector

Default Quick info on credit card advances

I might be taking a trip very soon to France and I don't want to use
travelers checks. I have credit cards but lost the access number. Is
it difficult getting a cash advance on a credit card at a bank.
Anything I should know or watch out for? Thanks.
Old February 10th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Keith Willshaw

"hectorcorrector" wrote in message
I might be taking a trip very soon to France and I don't want to use
travelers checks. I have credit cards but lost the access number. Is
it difficult getting a cash advance on a credit card at a bank.
Anything I should know or watch out for? Thanks.

What you should do is get the bank to issue you a new
PIN Number

Keith

Old February 10th, 2004, 02:43 PM
milesh

hectorcorrector wrote:
I might be taking a trip very soon to France and I don't want to use
travelers checks. I have credit cards but lost the access number. Is
it difficult getting a cash advance on a credit card at a bank.
Anything I should know or watch out for? Thanks.

Get a bank visa/debit card and use ATM's. Far cheaper than cash
advances which generally charge rather high rates.

Old February 10th, 2004, 02:58 PM
hectorcorrector

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:40:58 -0000, "Keith Willshaw"
wrote:

"hectorcorrector" wrote in message
.. .
I might be taking a trip very soon to France and I don't want to use
travelers checks. I have credit cards but lost the access number. Is
it difficult getting a cash advance on a credit card at a bank.
Anything I should know or watch out for? Thanks.

What you should do is get the bank to issue you a new
PIN Number

Keith

No the point is that I might be leaving in a matter of days or a week
and you can't change your number over the phone. They have to send
something in the mail.
Old February 10th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Keith Willshaw

wrote:

"hectorcorrector" wrote in message
.. .
I might be taking a trip very soon to France and I don't want to use
travelers checks. I have credit cards but lost the access number. Is
it difficult getting a cash advance on a credit card at a bank.
Anything I should know or watch out for? Thanks.

What you should do is get the bank to issue you a new
PIN Number

Keith

No the point is that I might be leaving in a matter of days or a week
and you can't change your number over the phone. They have to send
something in the mail.

I know, thats why you should do it today

Keith

Old February 10th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Casey

I might be taking a trip very soon to France and I don't want
to use travelers checks.

Use your ATM card. Credit card cash advances suffer a stiff
percentage rate.

Casey

Old February 10th, 2004, 08:15 PM
hectorcorrector

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:11:58 -0500, 127.0.0.1 wrote:

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:19:04 GMT, hectorcorrector
wrote:

I might be taking a trip very soon to France and I don't want to use
travelers checks. I have credit cards but lost the access number. Is
it difficult getting a cash advance on a credit card at a bank.
Anything I should know or watch out for? Thanks.

call your bank and they will issue a new access number

See, I can't do it over the phone. They say they have to send me a
form in the mail, which takes 5-7 business days. They it takes it that
much time for it to be registered to my account. Too late. I just want
to know if anyone has had any problems getting cash advances in
France.
Old February 10th, 2004, 08:16 PM
hectorcorrector

wrote:

I might be taking a trip very soon to France and I don't want to use
travelers checks. I have credit cards but lost the access number. Is
it difficult getting a cash advance on a credit card at a bank.
Anything I should know or watch out for? Thanks.

call your bank and they will issue a new access number

See, I can't do it over the phone. They say they have to send me a
form in the mail, which takes 5-7 business days. They it takes it that
much time for it to be registered to my account. Too late. I just want
to know if anyone has had any problems getting cash advances in
France.

Sorry I should have said I'll be leaving in a week or so. Should have
been more precise.
Old February 11th, 2004, 01:49 AM
Charles Hawtrey

hectorcorrector , while facing east, summoned the
courage to declaim:

I might be taking a trip very soon to France and I don't want to use
travelers checks. I have credit cards but lost the access number. Is
it difficult getting a cash advance on a credit card at a bank.

I've done it with no problem. This doesn't guarantee that YOU won't,
though. You'll likely need to physically have the card (not just the
number) and appear in person to the teller. Bring your passport or
other form of ID too.

Anything I should know or watch out for? Thanks.

This is probably the most expensive way of getting cash that doesn't
involve dealing with a criminal organization. There are stiff
up-front fees and the interest clock usually starts running
immediately, with no grace period (unlike purchases). Suggest you use
an ATM card or re-think your aversion to travelers checks.

--
Dogs flew spaceships! The Aztecs invented the vacation! Men and
women are the same sex! Our forefathers took drugs! Your brain
Old February 11th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Nancy Kay

In article ,
hectorcorrector wrote:

No the point is that I might be leaving in a matter of days or a week
and you can't change your number over the phone. They have to send
something in the mail.

Go to the bank and take care of the matter in person. Any reason why
can't go to the bank?

--
Nancy Kay
"Patience is a Virtue"