How to book the NYC-Toronto Neon bus

Old June 9th, 2009, 10:11 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,nyc.transit
[email protected]

Default How to book the NYC-Toronto Neon bus

Greyhound and Adirondack Trailways now jointly run a discount bus line
called Neon, which runs between NYC, Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo, and
Toronto. It loads on the street, and supposedly has discount fares as
low as $1.

But when I try to buy tickets on either company's site, I get
forwarded to the regular Greyhound schedule website, which quotes the
standard Greyhound advance purchase fares. How do you get the
discount fares?

Jimmy

Old June 10th, 2009, 04:18 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,nyc.transit
[email protected]

"Sancho Panza" wrote:
wrote:
But when I try to buy tickets on either company's site, I get
forwarded to the regular Greyhound schedule website, which quotes the
standard Greyhound advance purchase fares. How do you get the
discount fares?

www.neonbus.com/

Yes, and when you ask that site for schedule and fare information, it
forwards you to the regular Greyhound site as I described in my
original post.

Jimmy
Old June 10th, 2009, 06:14 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,nyc.transit
Sancho Panza[_1_]

wrote in message
"Sancho Panza" wrote:
wrote:
But when I try to buy tickets on either company's site, I get
forwarded to the regular Greyhound schedule website, which quotes the
standard Greyhound advance purchase fares. How do you get the
discount fares?

www.neonbus.com/

Yes, and when you ask that site for schedule and fare information, it
forwards you to the regular Greyhound site as I described in my
original post.

And if you follow it correctly you will find these fares:

Select Fare Type
Purchase Fare Type Qty Passenger Each Total
14-Day Advance Purchase
No further discounts are available on this fare.
Availability of this fare is limited, only 1 left at this time. Help 1
Adult
$15.00
$15.00
12-Day Advance Purchase
No further discounts are available on this fare.
Availability of this fare is limited, only 1 left at this time. Help 1
Adult
$25.00
$25.00
10-Day Advance Purchase
No further discounts are available on this fare.
Availability of this fare is limited, only 1 left at this time. Help 1
Adult
$48.00
$48.00
3-Day Advance Purchase
No further discounts are available on this fare.
Availability of this fare is limited, only 1 left at this time. Help 1
Adult
$58.00
$58.00
1-Day Advance Purchase
No further discounts are available on this fare.
Availability of this fare is limited, only 1 left at this time. Help 1
Adult
$68.00
$68.00
Refundable Fare

Old June 11th, 2009, 08:00 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,nyc.transit
Jimmy

"Sancho Panza" wrote:
And if you follow it correctly you will find these fares:

Select Fare Type
Purchase Fare Type Qty Passenger Each Total
14-Day Advance Purchase
No further discounts are available on this fare.
Availability of this fare is limited, only 1 left at this time. Help 1
Adult
$15.00
$15.00

Ok, I think I wasn't seeing the special Neon discounted fares because
I wasn't searching far enough in advance.

Megabus and Boltbus don't require an advance purchase. They just
offer a few cheap seats until they're gone, and then sell slightly
more expensive seats that are still much less than standard Greyhound
fares. So I was expecting Neon to work the same way.

So is a Neon ticket only good for a single date and time? And if so,
does that mean a spot is reserved for you?

Jimmy
Old July 30th, 2009, 05:55 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,nyc.transit
Spencer Long

On Jun 11, 3:00*pm, Jimmy wrote:
"Sancho Panza" wrote:
[...]

Yes, it is only for the date and time that you book your ticket for.
There are no seat assignments and it's first come, first serve. i
don't think Neon is operating at the time of this post because as i
try to access www.neonbus.com i get forwarded to the regular Greyhound
website for fares. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:11 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,nyc.transit
Jimmy

Spencer Long wrote:
Yes, it is only for the date and time that you book your ticket for.
There are no seat assignments and it's first come, first serve. i
don't think Neon is operating at the time of this post because as i
try to accesswww.neonbus.comi get forwarded to the regular Greyhound
website for fares. Is anyone else experiencing this?

That's exactly what started this thread.

Are you unable to get any discounted Neon fares on the Greyhound site
if you search far enough in advance?

Jimmy
Old July 30th, 2009, 08:29 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,nyc.transit
Smiles

Jimmy wrote:
Spencer Long wrote:
Yes, it is only for the date and time that you book your ticket for.
There are no seat assignments and it's first come, first serve. i
don't think Neon is operating at the time of this post because as i
try to accesswww.neonbus.comi get forwarded to the regular Greyhound
website for fares. Is anyone else experiencing this?

That's exactly what started this thread.

Are you unable to get any discounted Neon fares on the Greyhound site
if you search far enough in advance?

Jimmy

as I understand it Neon is a last minute discount seat offer from
Greyhound and has one seat assigned to it for each bus which allows it
to advertise the low price once taken they offer the low or slightly
higher based on time to bus departure

Most of my offerings have been at time they are obligated legally to
offer seat normally 8 to 24 hrs before departure or last minute to fill
the bus on express route New York-Toronto or other direction

sorry
now try to smile