Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean Explorer, Ports of Call?

Old September 6th, 2004, 12:10 AM
Sam

Default Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean Explorer, Ports of Call?

I have been on 3 previous cruises.

1. Regal Empress, loved the food, neat old ship, Great Crew (April
1998)

2. Premier SS Rembrandt, nice ship, food not so good, bus boy and maid
were great. (April 2001)

3. Carnival, the ship that was Non-Smoking. Food ok, staff Ok, WAY TOO
MANY KIDS (April 2003)

We are now considering a February or January 2005 cruise. We want to
go to some ports of call we have not been before.

Here is where we have been:

Key West
Cozumel
Grand Cayman
Bahamas
Belize
Roatan
St Thomas
San Juan

We are considering a cruise from San Juan, 1 we liked it, 2 these
cruises tend to have more ports of call, longer stays at each port,
and offer more exotic locations.

The two cruises we are most interested in a

1. Princess - Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean Explorer
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
Basse-Terre, St. Kitts
Saint George's, Grenada
La Guaira (Caracas), Venezuela
Oranjestad, Aruba

2. Celebrity Constellation - Southern Caribbean
Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic
Bridgetown, Barbados
Saint George's, Grenada
St. John's, Antigua
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

On our previous cruises we enjoyed these ports of call most:
Roatan, Honduras
San Juan, Puerto Rico (my 2nd choice)
Cozumel, Mexico (her 2nd choice)
Key West

We did not care much for:
Bahammas (Too much of a flea market)
St Thomas (Too expensive and built up)

These new ports of call I know little about. Please fill me in on what
to expect at these ports of call. We enjoy sightseeing, no drinking,
no gambling, and a little shopping if it really is a good deal or is
local hand made crafts. We especially like seeing
historical/educational things, like the old Forts at San Juan, and the
Mayan ruins in Cozumel.

SNUBA would be interesting, we have snorkled and done SCUBA. I had
problems with SCUBA, but she did not. Sometimes we go out sightseeing
on our own, sometimes we take the ship tours. We have rented Mopeds in
the past to do our own island discovery.

Any information would be appreciated. I also welcome any quotes from
Travel agents.. We are Flexible on the date of travel, best rate for
the cruise and airfare will set our date. We would also consider a
Hawaii cruise or Western Mexico if the pricing is right, seems airfare
is too high though to compete with the Caribbean. We are flying out of
Huntsville, Alabame, Birmingham would also be Ok, or Nashville, TN.

Also, my parents will be traveling with us. We would like an outside
cabin, balcony preferred depending on price. My parents (Dad) will
probably want the cheaper inside cabin, this will be their 1st cruise.

Thanks in advance!
Sam Woodson