Long Weekend in Paris

Old December 15th, 2004, 06:44 PM
dmurnagh

Default Long Weekend in Paris

Hi all - I am planning a long weekend in Paris (This coming weekend
actually), and was wondering if people could give me a bit of advice.

We are a young couple on a tight budget - has anyone got any
reccomendations of good things to do/good places to eat (We are staying
on Champs Elyses). We already have plans to visit the picasso
museum/gallery, the paris zoo and the eiffel tower but were keen to
seek further ideas (particularly cheap restaurants)

Also, we are getting the ferry from Portsmouth to Le Havre, and then
will get he train to Paris...has anyone done this before? Any ideas on
cost, etc. (I've looked on the net but not managed to find a confirmed
price for returns).

Any info/ideas or stories of your experiences in Paris will be
greatfully recieved.

--
dmurnagh
dmurnagh's Profile: http://travelforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=328

Old December 15th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Bernard T. Higonnet

dmurnagh wrote:

Hi all - I am planning a long weekend in Paris (This coming weekend
actually), and was wondering if people could give me a bit of advice.

We are a young couple on a tight budget - has anyone got any
reccomendations of good things to do/good places to eat (We are staying
on Champs Elyses)

A tight budget, did you say?

We already have plans to visit the picasso
museum/gallery, the paris zoo

This is not a spectacular zoo, and I think it's in trouble at the moment. Go
to Basel or San Diego instead! Your time will be better spent seeing
something Paris has that no other city has all of which are described in
every guide book.

Good luck
Bernard Higonnet

Old December 15th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Mxsmanic

dmurnagh writes:

We are a young couple on a tight budget [...] We are staying
on Champs Elyses).

These two statements cannot go together.

Old December 15th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Mxsmanic

Old December 15th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Steve Cain

I really did try to bite my tongue butt............there is no such thing as
a long weekend in Paris. s

Old December 15th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Steve Cain

Old December 16th, 2004, 01:37 AM

You could check out the following websites for ideas of things to do in
Paris:
http://gofrance.about.com/od/parisattractions/

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/destinat...ttractions.htm

For cheap eats on the street - you can buy crepes from sidewalk stands,
lunch shops offer paninis and crudites (sandwiches with yummy
fillings), L'As du Fallafel - Located in the Jewish Quarter (Marais) at
34 Rue de Rosiers makes delicious stuffed pitas - a favourite with
Lenny Kravitz! (not open on Saturday) At Berthillon (no. 31 Rue
St-Louis-en-l'Ile) buy a special Parisian icecream. Eat at the Rue
Mouffetard Food Market (real Paris).

For restaurant recommendations from real people check out:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/holiday/you_cal...eap_eats.shtml

Alisa

For imaginative places to stay around the world:
http://www.staytopia.com