SFO or LAX for connection on UA?

Old November 22nd, 2007, 05:24 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected][_1_]

Default SFO or LAX for connection on UA?

Hi all

Just wondering which airport is better in terms of making a
connection, SFO or LAX. Will be flying out to Hawaii this coming
Spring and the best package deals I am finding are on UA with a
connection in SFO or LAX. Been to SFO once on the former HP and don't
remember much. Also flew through LAX once on UA and only remember
having a very tight connection. Arrived at the gate for my connecting
flight to find that the gate agent was one minute away from closing
the jetway door and having her ask me if I ran or what. Sounds like
she did not think I was going to make the flight.

Thanks in advance
Michael

Old November 22nd, 2007, 10:33 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

wrote:
Just wondering which airport is better in terms of making a
connection, SFO or LAX. Will be flying out to Hawaii this
coming Spring and the best package deals I am finding are
on UA with a connection in SFO or LAX.

My own experience w-both is a shrug. However, a scan of
recent passenger reviews at www.airlinequality.com/ gives
SFO uniformly better reviews (3-5 stars) than LAX (1-2 stars)
in terms of passenger treatment and comfort. One reviewer
calls LAX a third-world airport, poorly designed and lacking
in amenities. However, in the month of September, LAX had
significantly fewer delays than SFO, due perhaps to better
herding of passengers+equipment. LAX is ranked as the 5th
busiest airport in the world , SFO is 21st, in passenger traffic.

Old November 22nd, 2007, 03:06 PM posted to rec.travel.air
PTravel[_1_]

wrote in message
Hi all

Just wondering which airport is better in terms of making a
connection, SFO or LAX. Will be flying out to Hawaii this coming
Spring and the best package deals I am finding are on UA with a
connection in SFO or LAX. Been to SFO once on the former HP and don't
remember much. Also flew through LAX once on UA and only remember
having a very tight connection. Arrived at the gate for my connecting
flight to find that the gate agent was one minute away from closing
the jetway door and having her ask me if I ran or what. Sounds like
she did not think I was going to make the flight.

Thanks in advance
Michael

UA's SFO facility is much nicer than the one in LAX. However, because of
the runway configuration, SFO is more likely to experience delays than LAX.

Old November 22nd, 2007, 03:45 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jeff[_16_]

I prefer SFO for an online domestic connection with UA. Their Hawaii
flights are only in two adjoining concourses so it is easy to get from one
flight to the other.

LAX, on the other hand, is a nightmare, with flights in two satellites and
United Express in a third, so there could easily be more problems with your
connection.

Old November 22nd, 2007, 06:23 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected][_1_]

On Nov 21, 10:24 pm, " wrote:
Hi all

Just wondering which airport is better in terms of making a
connection, SFO or LAX. Will be flying out to Hawaii this coming
Spring and the best package deals I am finding are on UA with a
connection in SFO or LAX. Been to SFO once on the former HP and don't
remember much. Also flew through LAX once on UA and only remember
having a very tight connection. Arrived at the gate for my connecting
flight to find that the gate agent was one minute away from closing
the jetway door and having her ask me if I ran or what. Sounds like
she did not think I was going to make the flight.

Thanks in advance
Michael

Thanks again.

Looks like SFO it is, providing the schedule is good.

Michael