Ticket Prices - No good deals - Are there better sites?

Old May 9th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Skip

Default Ticket Prices - No good deals - Are there better sites?

I have been pricing a ticket from Spokane Washington (geg) to Chicago
leave June 2 and return June 9.
Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Sidestep all come up with the same
prices and teh prices are the same as the airlines?
Where do you look?

Thanks
Skip
Old May 9th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Southwest shows $300 but you have to spend most of each day traveling.

That's above America West's cost on Orbitz but below the others. The
America West red eye is under $250. You won't find anything less.

Old May 9th, 2004, 09:06 PM
John R. Levine

I have been pricing a ticket from Spokane Washington (geg) to Chicago
leave June 2 and return June 9.
Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Sidestep all come up with the same
prices and teh prices are the same as the airlines?

Plane fares in the U.S. are unregulated, so the price the airlines
publish is the real fare. Spokane is a small airport, and it's 1500
miles from Chicago, so I wouldn't expect to find anything extremely
cheap.

As someone else noted, America West has a $240 fare if you're willing
to fly in the middle of the night and change planes in Las Vegas, or
about $295 if you want to fly at normal times. Everyone else's fare
is over $300. If you want to fly nonstop, that's $380 on the single
nonstop that United offers.

Old May 9th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Douglas W. Hoyt

www.hotwire.com has it for $288 including booking fee, and they say it's not
a red-eye--but other than that they won't tell you the travel times...

Old May 9th, 2004, 11:57 PM
John R. Levine

www.hotwire.com has it for $288 including booking fee, and they say
it's not a red-eye--but other than that they won't tell you the
travel times...

Considering that America West has a fare of about $295 for their not
red-eye, I'd pay the extra five bucks and know when I'm going to fly.

Old May 10th, 2004, 08:32 AM
mrtravelkay

Skip wrote:

I have been pricing a ticket from Spokane Washington (geg) to Chicago
leave June 2 and return June 9.
Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Sidestep all come up with the same
prices and teh prices are the same as the airlines?
Where do you look flights, which I haven't really to find to be cheaper.

It looks like America West shows around $240, which seems reasonable to
me. You could also try the older "bidding" style of Priceline. I don't
think you did this.