Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water

Old April 17th, 2006, 07:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water

The one place on earth that I have been that my daughter has not became
unsafe again today.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060417/ts_nm/mideast_dc_5

DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old April 17th, 2006, 08:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Dick G wrote:
The one place on earth that I have been that my daughter has not became
unsafe again today.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060417/ts_nm/mideast_dc_5

DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

You're joking right?
Clay
Old April 17th, 2006, 11:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Clay, what part of my post did you think was a joke?
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old April 18th, 2006, 12:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 18:48:36 -0400, "Dick G"
dickdotgoldhaber@gmaildotcom wrote:

Clay, what part of my post did you think was a joke?

I didn't write the comment you replied to, but hasn't it been unsafe
for quite a while with what happened now just being a reminder?

Old April 18th, 2006, 12:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

No, actually it HAD been safe for a long period and it was suggested that
some cruise lines just might make Israel a port-of-call.

I guess not this year.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old April 18th, 2006, 03:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Dick G wrote:

No, actually it HAD been safe for a long period and it was suggested that
some cruise lines just might make Israel a port-of-call.

I guess not this year.

Israel was a port stop in 1997. We sailed on the Costa Riviera.

Ermalee
Old April 18th, 2006, 03:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Dick G wrote:
No, actually it HAD been safe for a long period and it was suggested that
some cruise lines just might make Israel a port-of-call.

I guess not this year.

What do you consider a "long period"?

The part I am referring to is that you think Israel is a safe place, and
has been for some time. I at 42 years old, and for as long as I can
recall hearing, there has been serious unrest.
With all that's going on these days I would consider that area a
powder keg. Let alone safe.
I could be wrong, but I am shocked that you feel differently.

Regards,
Clay
Old April 18th, 2006, 05:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake "Dick G" dickdotgoldhaber@gmaildotcom :

The one place on earth that I have been that my daughter has not became
unsafe again today.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060417/ts_nm/mideast_dc_5

DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Carol's employer normally splits trips. Sometimes people go to
India/Australia/France, etc, sometimes they come here. Except Israel.
Everybody comes here, nobody goes there.

Sigh. We were living in Germany and were scheduled for a week's tour
of Israel in mid June of 1967. It hasn't been safe since then.

--
dillon

I didn't climb to the top of the
food chain to become a vegetartian.
Old April 18th, 2006, 06:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 18:48:36 -0400, Dick G wrote:

Clay, what part of my post did you think was a joke?

What part of any on your posts are not a joke, "Stephanie"?
--
http://www.punkvoter.com/anim/anim-idiot.html