Cruise Deals are Not Over

Old August 14th, 2004, 08:49 PM
FUNCRUISES

Default Cruise Deals are Not Over

Just because travel agents are no longer allowed to rebate their commissions on
Royal Caribbean, it doesn't mean the cruise deals are over. The rebating may
be gone, but not the deals.

Royal Caribbean will continue to offer Senior Rates, Top Producer Rates, Past
Passenger Discounts, Resident Rates, Military Rates, Interline promtions,
reduced air promotions, third and fourth passenger discounts, inside, outside,
and balcony guarantees, group rates with amenity discounts, Platinum Card
discounts etc etc on sailing in which they need help selling cabins. They do
not need to offer discounts on sailings where the demand exceeds the supply -
as was and is the case with the Voyager this summer and next summer.

Royal Caribbean has somewhat of an unfair advantage in the marketplace with
their Voyager Class ships. Folks will pay dearly for it. Once they've had Royal
Caribbean, they stay Royal Caribbean and so will the friends they tell about
it. Throw in their fabulous "get out there marketing" and you've got full
ships so you won't find many deals on it.

Other deals on other Royal Caribbean ships (like the types of promotions above)
are availabe but they are not advertised on Royal Caribbean's website and Royal
Caribbean's own direct selling agents hardly ever offer these promotions up
front to a consumer.

A good cruise agent should have access to all the the specials and promotions
with all cruise lines. So if you don't want to pay $1,499 for a balcony on
Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody, they may recommend a comparable cruise on the Grand
Princess for $999? A direct Royal Caribbean agent would not know about or
recommend promotions with a competing cruise line. The last time I saw a
company recommend a competitor was Cole's Santa Claus in the modern "Miracle on
34th Street."

Don't fret about the rebating. It will be here for a while on everyone but
Royal Caribbean, but rest assured there are and always will be great cruise
deals. Today, they are available on NCL, Holland America, Carnival, Princess
and Royal Caribbean (just not Voyager class) for Fall departures.

For those of you who want to find these deals the hard way, call each cruise
line directly. (speaking spanish will be helpful). For those who want to do it
the easy way, call your local travel agent.

Uf Tukel
WMPH Vacations
Home of CruiseCheap.com
http:/www.cruisecheap.com

Old August 14th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Lunyma

For those of you who want to find these deals the hard way, call each cruise
line directly. (speaking spanish will be helpful)

LOL!!!! I gotta laugh at this one. When I called Comcast about a problem with
my cable modem this morning, I think I got a guy in Beijing!!!! I can
*definitely* speak Spanish, better than Chinese... Guess I'll be ok G

Old August 14th, 2004, 09:50 PM
FUNCRUISES

Lee wrote

Next time you're on the phone with them, give Maria, the
song-of-norway air supervisor, a hearty FU on my behalf.

Hmmm, a hearty FU from UF? Does that equal 1? I'll be sure to pass on your
best wishes if I bump into her. :-)

Uf Tukel
WMPH Vacations
Home of CruiseCheap.com
http://www.cruisecheap.com

Old August 15th, 2004, 12:46 AM
DaFlaBear

RCI does NOT offer Senior rates.

Old August 15th, 2004, 12:46 AM
DaFlaBear

RCI does NOT offer Senior rates.

Old August 15th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Robert Strauss

What is this crap? Is this for real? I've been on RCCL three times and I
always
felt that I got a reasonable deal from my T/A. Is this a thing of the past?

Robert

Old August 15th, 2004, 01:46 AM
FUNCRUISES

daflabear wrote:

RCI does NOT offer Senior rates.

I'm sorry, but yes, sir, both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity DO offer senior
rates on select sailings.

Both cruise lines require passengers booked on senior fare codes to present
proof of age to qualify. If you book a senior rate and your proof of age shows
you are under 55 when you check in, you will be required to pay the going rate
or you'll be turned away at the pier.

Royal Caribbean senior rates have been offered for over 7 years. I hope you
haven't been missing out on these rates. They are much better than the regular
rates.

Uf Tukel
WMPH Vacations
Home of CruiseCheap.com