Options to get from Vancouver, BC cruise terminal to SeaTac airport in May

Old March 16th, 2009, 11:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Seasongs

Default Options to get from Vancouver, BC cruise terminal to SeaTac airport in May

Hello from sunny SoCal. Looking forward to reading your posts! I am
currently looking for options to get from the Vancouver, BC cruise
terminal to SeaTac airport in May. What are our options? Thanks,
friends.

--
Seasongs
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old March 17th, 2009, 03:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:42:41 -0500, Seasongs
wrote:

Hello from sunny SoCal. Looking forward to reading your posts! I am
currently looking for options to get from the Vancouver, BC cruise
terminal to SeaTac airport in May. What are our options? Thanks,
friends.

Depends on how much time and money you have.

You could rent a car and drive. You could take a private limousine.
You could take the train. The best combination of schedule, expense,
and convenience (but not comfort) is probably to take a van. Google
"seattle vancouver cruise shuttle".

Lots of hits. One is http://www.quickcoach.com/schedule.htm, which
costs $56 and takes 5 hours. That's on a bus. The Amtrak bus times
the trip at 4 hours, so I suspect there's padding for possible delays
at the border.

There are also van services, which might be cheaper or faster. I
don't think there's ferry service.

Old March 18th, 2009, 05:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rik Brown[_107_]

Seasongs;2919750 Wrote:
Hello from sunny SoCal. Looking forward to reading your posts! I am
currently looking for options to get from the Vancouver, BC cruise
terminal to SeaTac airport in May. What are our options? Thanks,
friends.

My first suggestion is to fly. Its a short hop and you go through U.S.
Customs and Immigrations in Vancouver which means your transfer at
SeaTac is a domestic flight transfer and thus very easy.

Some people will rent a car. I haven't done this but have talked to
those who have done it. I know that there is also scheduled motorcoach
service from Vancouver to Seattle but I'm not sure if its through to
SeaTac.

Hopefully, others might chime in here with more information.

Regards. -- Rik

--
Rik Brown

Share your experiences in the forums, blogs, videos, and online
community at 'TRAVEL.com' (http://forums.TRAVEL.com).
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old March 18th, 2009, 11:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gerry[_2_]

Seasongs;2919750 Wrote:
Hello from sunny SoCal. Looking forward to reading your posts! I am
currently looking for options to get from the Vancouver, BC cruise
terminal to SeaTac airport in May. What are our options? Thanks,
friends.

When we were on a Holland American cruise out of Vancouver there was a
bus that went directly from the Vancouver port to the SeaTac airport
in Seattle. If I remember correctly, the cost was less than $50 and it
make the tranfer easy. You should check with your cruise line.

Gerry
Old March 31st, 2009, 05:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LM103

Are you going directly to seatac airport to catch a plane to socal? If
so, I would look at flying directly from YVR (vancouver international)
to California.

I think the next best option would be to rent a car. The drive from
Vancouver to seatac is nice enough, but isn't especially wonderful and
doesn't really show the best of either BC or Washington.

If you would have time to visit Seattle on your way to seatac I would
recommend driving because it is a beautiful city with a nice atmosphere.
If you don't have time, I would fly directly from YVR to California.

--
LM103
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old April 3rd, 2009, 04:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gerry[_2_]

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 23:21:57 -0500, LM103
wrote:

Are you going directly to seatac airport to catch a plane to socal? If
so, I would look at flying directly from YVR (vancouver international)
to California.

Just checked on Sidestep.com. One way flights priced in USD
YVR-LAX $189
SEA-LAX $ 70
Difference $119
Bus ticket from Canada Place Pier to SEA $52.25

Savings by taking bus to SEA is $66.75

I think the next best option would be to rent a car. The drive from
Vancouver to seatac is nice enough, but isn't especially wonderful and
doesn't really show the best of either BC or Washington.

If you would have time to visit Seattle on your way to seatac I would
recommend driving because it is a beautiful city with a nice atmosphere.

Driving might be nice but you will probably not be allowed to rent a
car in Canada and drop it off in the US. If you are allowed, the drop
off fee will be horrendous. I just checked Alamo. The base cost for
the rental is $1,000.

If you don't have time, I would fly directly from YVR to California.