Paris 28-30°C this week

Old June 7th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Earl

Default Paris 28-30°C this week

The weather in Paris decided to warm up, for a change
(this year) and will be in the range of 30°C (86°F) for
the rest of this week. Clear and no rain.

Earl
Old June 7th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Mxsmanic

Earl writes:

The weather in Paris decided to warm up, for a change
(this year) ...

For a change? Hot weather is the rule in Paris these days.

... and will be in the range of 30°C (86°F) for
the rest of this week. Clear and no rain.

In other words, 20° F hotter than the normal highs for this time of
year, and 12° F hotter than the normal highs for _August_.

That's more than just "warm."

Old June 7th, 2004, 11:12 PM
David Horne

Mxsmanic wrote:

Earl writes:

The weather in Paris decided to warm up, for a change
(this year) ...

For a change? Hot weather is the rule in Paris these days.

Uh-oh. We're in for a long "it's boiling in my apartment" Mxsmanic
summer....

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old June 8th, 2004, 04:03 AM
Mxsmanic

David Horne writes:

Uh-oh. We're in for a long "it's boiling in my apartment" Mxsmanic
summer....

Maybe this "warm" weather will come your way so that you can enjoy it,
too. Odd that people don't seem to object to complaints about cold
weather, but they make fun of complaints about heat. Time will change
this perception.

Old June 8th, 2004, 05:55 AM
David Horne

Mxsmanic wrote:

David Horne writes:

Uh-oh. We're in for a long "it's boiling in my apartment" Mxsmanic
summer....

Maybe this "warm" weather will come your way so that you can enjoy it,
too.

I've lived in hotter conditions than the summer Paris endured last year,
and didn't mind. The house I live in has a lot more cool spaces and
cross ventilation than the places I lived in hotter climates, so I dare
say I'd put up with it. I didn't even so much as need a fan in our
summer last year which, while not as hot as Paris, did have several much
hotter days than usual. FWIW, as I type, according to the BBC website,
it's 3 degrees C warmer here in Manchester than it is in Paris, though
it looks like you'll have a scorcher today.

Odd that people don't seem to object to complaints about cold
weather, but they make fun of complaints about heat.

Depends who is complaining.

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old June 8th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Earl

(David Horne) wrote in message news:1gf19rd.1wvtk90ui0c8wN%this_address_is_for_s ...
Mxsmanic wrote:

Earl writes:

The weather in Paris decided to warm up, for a change
(this year) ...

For a change? Hot weather is the rule in Paris these days.

Uh-oh. We're in for a long "it's boiling in my apartment" Mxsmanic
summer....

Maxi is a bit of a weather sissy. Today will be hard on him because
they are talking 31°! Pauvre chou.

I have my own personal temperature scale but I noticed that most
people, even the French will bitch about "la chaleur" when, in fact
is is pleasantly warm.

My personal temperature scale is---

1) Below 4-5°C it is cold, meaning I have to wear a coat and sweater
and rap a scarf around my 72 yr old throat to protect it. Breathing
the cold air activates my chronic broncitis problem and I am
in some physical distress.

2) 5-10°C is a bit cool and I still dress pretty much as above
but have much less problems in breathing;

3) 10-15°C is cool and but can go out with just a sweater.
Around 15°C things become more pleasant if not raining.

4) Above 15-low 20s. Pretty good weather if it is not raining.

5) 25-30°C, getting warmer. But at 30-32 there is no need to
get the fan out of the closet in order to sleep at night. For an
older person these temperates are good for old bones.

6) 35 and above: That is HOT the fan is blowing at night or night
and day.

7) Above 38° is a real scorcher.

I walk on the sunny side of the street when when the temperatures
are below 20°C, but at above 25°C I head for the shaddy side.
Sitting outside in a café, same thing, the shade when it is warm.

Driving is another problem since it is always hotter in the car. We
have a dog and he will begin to pant when the inside temperatures
of the car get in the upper 20s, at home he does not pant even
when it is in the 30s. Since we go to prison every two weeks we take
special precautions that the car remains in the shade during the
entire visiting period (3+ hours) when it is hot, and if it is too hot
we leave him in the hotel room.

By the way, there is already a shortage of rainfull in some parts
of France from this winter on. So we may be in for a long
hot and dry summer.

Earl
Old June 8th, 2004, 12:05 PM
a.spencer3

om...

Mxsmanic wrote:

Earl writes:

[...]

Why does no-one talk humidity, including our own UK TV weather progs?!
Isn't humidity the whole key?
I love 100F+ (38C+) in the deserts.
But in Surrey today it's a mere 77F (25C), but 65% humidity, and it's not
comfortable.
But maybe I just have my own personal inbuilt humidimeter. I think it's
all-important, no-one else seems to even think about it.

Surreyman

Old June 8th, 2004, 01:22 PM
David Horne

a.spencer3 wrote:

Why does no-one talk humidity, including our own UK TV weather progs?!
Isn't humidity the whole key?

It's talked about in the US. I suppose one thing in the UK is that the
weather rarely gets as dangerously hot as it can in some parts of the
US.

I love 100F+ (38C+) in the deserts.
But in Surrey today it's a mere 77F (25C), but 65% humidity, and it's not
comfortable.

It's 67% here, but only 23C. Doesn't feel too bad- a little muggy.

But maybe I just have my own personal inbuilt humidimeter. I think it's
all-important, no-one else seems to even think about it.

Oh, when I grew up in Scotland, humidity was talked about a lot- but
just using different words. Close, clammy, etc.

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old June 8th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Donna Evleth

Dans l'article , "Runge"
a écrit :

Duh

"Earl" a écrit dans le message de
m...
The weather in Paris decided to warm up, for a change
(this year) and will be in the range of 30°C (86°F) for
the rest of this week. Clear and no rain.

Earl

"Duh" is not the correct answer. I have been here for 30 years, and have
seen a number of cold, rainy Junes. If you don't think cold, rainy Junes
exist in France, ask the D-Day veterans.

Donna Evleth