Cruise deals -- where to book

Old January 3rd, 2004, 04:40 AM

Default Cruise deals -- where to book

Hi,
I've been looking for good deals at expedia, orbitz, travelocity,
cruise.com, cruise411.com, etc. Is there any other places I should be
looking at (say traditional TAs selling over the web, etc)?

For each of them, what's your experience with them?

For travel insurance, can you get it from somewhere else besides the one
that comes with the site?

As I mentioned in an early post, my wife is pregnant so would that be
considered a "pre-existing condition" thus not covered by some of the
travel insurance companies?

Thanks.

--Henry
Old January 3rd, 2004, 05:43 AM
Steve

I checked all the sites you mentioned for two different cruises and www.bestpricescruises.com
beat everyone of them. I booked my trips through them and plan to use them
again. Doesn't cost anything but your time to compare and I bet you get the
same results I did. Good luck.

Old January 3rd, 2004, 06:10 AM
Ebbtide

www.insuremytrip.com.

Compare the insurances. You can call and speak to a live agent and discuss
your needs if necessary.

r.com...

Old January 3rd, 2004, 01:08 PM
Charles

In article m,
wrote:

For travel insurance, can you get it from somewhere else besides the one
that comes with the site?

As I mentioned in an early post, my wife is pregnant so would that be
considered a "pre-existing condition" thus not covered by some of the
travel insurance companies?

There are several third party insurance companies like Travel Guard,
CSA, and Access America. I always use one of those rather than the
insurance that the cruise line sells. As for pregnancies I would guess
that no insurance company will cover that but you should ask. Every
company does not have the exact same coverage. Also cruise lines
prohibit passengers beyond a certain week of pregnancy so that is
something else to keep in mind. It sounds like in your situation you
need a travel agent rather than a clerk who answers the phone and takes
orders.

--
Charles
Old January 3rd, 2004, 01:25 PM
B D

sometimes the cruise line is best.

Old January 3rd, 2004, 04:31 PM
anycruise

We have used in the past Cruise Bazaar http://www.cruisebazaar.com and
Best Price Cruise http://www.bestpricecruise.com. They seem to have
some of the better pricing. Cruise Bazaar has a phone number for
contact. You can speak with a travel agent if needed.

For travel insurance we always use TravelSafe
http://www.travelsafe.com There policy covers pre exisiting
conditions. It is always best to read the policy.

Old January 3rd, 2004, 04:59 PM
Cruzinsure

As I mentioned in an early post, my wife is pregnant so would that be
considered a "pre-existing condition" thus not covered by some of the
travel insurance companies?

None of the major insurers consider a normal pregnancy to be a pre-existing
medical condition. In fact, they don't consider it to be a medical condition at
all in the sense that it's an "illness" or other disability -- it's something
that was voluntarily entered into.

What this means is that if a traveler wants to cancel the trip because of the
pregnancy (doesn't feel it's safe to go, just generally feeling too tired, etc)
the coverage would not apply.

However, the insurers will cover any losses due to unforeseeable complications
that are serious enough that the doctor advises against travel. But they are
very serious about the "unforeseeable" part. If, early in the pregnancy, the
doctor advises the traveler that she is at risk for XXX, and subsequently XXX
happens and she has to cancel her trip she's not going to be covered.

The new Access America plan has an interesting new wrinkle. Say your daughter
tells you that she's pregnant and expects to deliver at the time you'll be
cruising to Alaska. You can choose to cancel the trip to attend the birth and
the policy will cover any cancellation penalties in effect at that time.
Old January 3rd, 2004, 07:49 PM
Bill C

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article m,
wrote:

It sounds like in your situation you
need a travel agent rather than a clerk who answers the phone and takes
orders.

Charles

Charles,
I answered a question on Cruisecritic the other day saying basically the
same thing except I called the phone person at the cruiseline an order taker
and was told I was very rude to describe them in that manner. LOL! Sheeesh!

Bill

Old January 3rd, 2004, 09:42 PM
Jo-Ann

I got an email directly from Princess advertising great prices for
Spring Caribbean (Eastern and Western) sailings. Balcony cabins for
Easter week are only $799 pp and mini-suite $978.

Jo-Ann--------wishes I could go

Old January 3rd, 2004, 09:50 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 04:40:20 GMT,
wrote:

I've been looking for good deals at expedia, orbitz, travelocity,
cruise.com, cruise411.com, etc. Is there any other places I should be
looking at (say traditional TAs selling over the web, etc)?

For each of them, what's your experience with them?

www.cruisequick.com and excellent.

The Not So Fine Art Of Google
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6