Carnival Terminal in Miami

Old February 12th, 2004, 01:18 AM

Default Carnival Terminal in Miami

We are flying into Orlando on May 28 and picking up a car at Avis.
Then visiting friends and dropping off the car the closest we can
to the Carnival Terminal in Miami the next day on the 29th.
Does anyone know where is the closest Avis drop off and how to get from
there to the ship?
Thanks,

Old February 12th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Thomas Smith

The closest Avis drop-off is at Miami International Airport. They have a
free shuttle from there to the Port of Miami. It takes about fifteen
minutes.

Tom Smith

Old February 12th, 2004, 05:39 AM
steve

no but allow a lot of extra time 4hours minimum cause traffic is a
crowded mess road construction detours police blocking streets people
more stressed than los angeles etc we allowed 3 hr from miami beach to
airport budget rentacar to drop car and almost missed the ship if its
wasnt for 25 buck taxi to ship

Old February 12th, 2004, 05:42 AM
steve

15 minutes?? when was that 2 am?

Old February 12th, 2004, 06:11 AM
Bill C

4 hours minimum to get from MIA airport to the MIA pier? You must have a
lousy map. BTW Steve I was wondering if you were going for the Guiness book
of world records for longest sentence ever?

Bill

Old February 12th, 2004, 12:42 PM

Default Accurate Information

We found more accurate information since our original post.
Avis says to drop the car off at their Miami airport location (MIA).
From there they have a free shuttle service to the port, which takes 30
minutes.
Port of Miami Shuttle Service - MIO
Contact Avis for instructions, Miami, FL 33132 , U S A
(1) 305-377-2531
------------------------

Old February 12th, 2004, 02:25 PM
ArleneL

How did you travel, via Key West? 1/2 hour maybe, 45 minutes, ok. Even
with the traffic.

Arlene

Old February 13th, 2004, 12:04 AM
steve

we needed to gas up budget rent a car before returning it. probably
wasted 1.5 hr looking for gas station near jai lai fronton which is 1
mile from miami airport. thats when we hit the road congestion

Old February 13th, 2004, 12:11 AM
Thomas Smith

Four hours? did you walk or something? Even the city bus takes slightly
more than an hour, even on city streets.

Tom Smith