railings on cruise ships

Old April 5th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Brian K

Default railings on cruise ships

On 04/05/2004 10:04 AM Carol Collins wrote:

My husband and I are considering taking our first cruise to celebrate our
anniversary. I am worried about the height of the railings on the ship. When
Jerry celebrates he tends to get a little druink and sometimes he falls down
a lot. Is there any danger of his falling overboard?
Thanks for your help,
Carol Collins

Carol,

Don't worry about the railings. They're high enough. You may have to be
a little careful with him on stairways. When possible take the elevator.
So your husband is a fall down drunk. When he's ready there's a place
for him. Every cruise ship I have sailed on has a daily AA meeting.
It's usually listed in the Ship's daily newsletter.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old April 6th, 2004, 01:12 PM

"Brian K" wrote in message
link.net...
On 04/05/2004 10:04 AM Carol Collins wrote:
So your husband is a fall down drunk. When he's ready there's a place
for him. Every cruise ship I have sailed on has a daily AA meeting.
It's usually listed in the Ship's daily newsletter.

I know what you mean, I think it's called Friends of Bill W. and it's a part
of AA. Jerry refuses to got to things like that because:
1. he claims it is for old farts, and he is just 27
2. he says he is not an alcoholic because he does not drink every day, or
even every week. He only does it when he has something to celebrate. It's
just that he gets carried away sometimes.

Old April 7th, 2004, 02:15 AM
Ray L. Nutz

Just take out a 10 million dollar travel life insurance out on him. make
sure you show him and tell him" Go ahead , Make my day", he will give up
drinking soon, and if not your covered.

Jaap

Carol Collins wrote in message ...

link.net...

Old April 7th, 2004, 05:04 AM
Brian

Bring lots of money.

Last one I was on, the beer was about $5 a can and the mixed booze was $7-$9
plus gratutity...of course.

Old April 7th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Bob and Amy

Leave him. Now!
It will only get worse!

Old April 7th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Elias Quinn

"Brian" wrote in message
link.net...
Bring lots of money.

Last one I was on, the beer was about $5 a can and the mixed booze was

$7-$9
plus gratutity...of course.

You got taken. Most lines charge about $4.50 for rail drinks and about
$5.50 for call brands. Unless you get those fancy foo-foo drinks in the
souvenir glass.

Old April 7th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Surfer E2468

With the prices of booze on cruise ships,I doubt if he will get falling
down drunk,it would cost him a fortune,unless you take your own.

Old April 9th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Zamgwar

As someone who uses a cruise as the perfect excuse to over indulge in
everything, I can assure you, I have yet to fall overboard.

Of course, I have only been on four cruises, so there is still plenty of time.

Interestingly enough, I have a dear friend who hasn't joined us on our last
three "gang o' nuts" cruises, specifically in fear
of having to explain to his son, that his mother fell overboard after drinking
the champagne cellar dry.

John
Office of Treading Water
The Zamgwar Institute