Kona, Hawaii

Old July 5th, 2004, 03:28 AM

Default Kona, Hawaii

Hi All,

We'll be cruising the Hawaiin Islands in October. What shore excursions do
you recommend? Has anyone ever rented a car to see the area? Would you
recommend us doing that?

Thanks for your help.

Old July 5th, 2004, 02:42 PM
villa deauville

Dont forget to buy some Kona coffee to bring home. IMO 'tis a better
coffee than Blue Mountain sold in Jamaica

SUNNY.........Hang in there. October is not so far into the future

Old July 5th, 2004, 04:55 PM

"villa deauville" wrote in message
Dont forget to buy some Kona coffee to bring home. IMO 'tis a better
coffee than Blue Mountain sold in Jamaica

SUNNY.........Hang in there. October is not so far into the future

May I suggest that you do NOT buy coffee in Kona. If you like Kona
coffee, fine. Buy it from a local roastery. The longer the time
between roasting and brewing, the worse the coffee. Some crazy coffee
freaks (moi), by raw beans and roast at home -- it is remarkable how
much better freshly roasted coffee tastes.

Paul

Old July 5th, 2004, 05:44 PM
villa deauville

Paul
Perhaps you are right
When we were in Caracas we bought home ground coffee and ditto in Kona.
I, too, love my coffee but honestly couldn't find any difference in
taste to the taste we drank in those two countries

SUNNY......My son has a grinder that grinds the coffee beans right on
top of the coffee pot but IMO it tastes no different to
coffee already ground. (He uses Starbucks) not arguing just stating:-)

Old July 5th, 2004, 09:08 PM

"villa deauville" wrote in message
Paul
Perhaps you are right
When we were in Caracas we bought home ground coffee and ditto in

Kona.
I, too, love my coffee but honestly couldn't find any difference in
taste to the taste we drank in those two countries

SUNNY......My son has a grinder that grinds the coffee beans right

on
top of the coffee pot but IMO it tastes no different to
coffee already ground. (He uses Starbucks) not arguing just

stating:-)

I completely understand. My ex-boss (and still good friend) is as
crazy about wine as I am about coffee. In spite of my protests he
keeps pouring $400 bottles for me. I can not tell the difference
between these and $30 bottles. I am sure he can tell the difference.
He can't tell the difference between Ethiopian and Kenyan Peaberry. I
know I can.

The point I was trying to make is that there is no conceivable
advantage in buying roasted coffee (grounded or whole bean) in Hawaii
and schlepping it home. If one want to do this for a souvenir, go for
it. Just don't do it for the coffee.

Paul

Old July 7th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Dick Goldhaber

The "Anonymous Remailer" strikes again!
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Eileen Garland" wrote in message
ll.eu.org...
(villa deauville) wrote:

Paul
Perhaps you are right

Perhaps you are always wrong

Old July 7th, 2004, 02:14 AM
villa deauville

Dick
She is always on the outside looking in
Afraid to enter for fear of being rejected by those inside.one more
time.

SUNNY.

Old July 7th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Dick Goldhaber

Isn't it sad that someone that smart would appear to be this stupid?
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old July 7th, 2004, 06:26 AM
villa deauville

Thanks Sue.

SUNNY

Old July 7th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Dick Goldhaber

How many guesses can I have?
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Howie" wrote in message
So glad that we all read headers now when an unlikely post appears.
What kind of sick slug would waste so much of itts time on this garbage?

Howie