Kashmir- Ladakh- India photos, tips and report

Old October 7th, 2005, 07:13 PM

Default Kashmir- Ladakh- India photos, tips and report

Hi travellers!!,
I'm back from a travel in Kashmir, Ladakh then down to Kolkata.

Independent travel by public means of transport in 3 weeks.
Not everything went smoothly as it wanted... but India remains still
unique.

My preferite place?? Definitely the Kashmir!!!!!!!!!!
Photos, tips, travelogues in
www.albytravel.com

alby
PS: please please don't hesitate to give me feedbacks on my site,
the critics are the most welcome!!!!!

Old October 7th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Pete Loud

Hi,

I'd have loved to be more positive, but your photographs are nothing more
than mundane holiday snapshots. Had Srinagar been an exotic place they might
have been interesting, but ordinary photographs of Srinagar in 2005 are
hardly worth flashing around the bar or the office the week after your
holiday.

Cheers,

Pete Loud
Maps of Here, There and Everywhere
http://www.peteloud.co.uk

oups.com...

Old October 8th, 2005, 03:10 AM

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 23:42:48 +0100, "Pete Loud"
wrote:

Hi,

I'd have loved to be more positive, but your photographs are nothing more
than mundane holiday snapshots. Had Srinagar been an exotic place they might

The newsgroups are places where everyone is free to post what they
like. Even negativity...
Old October 8th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Sander van Hulsenbeek

Pete,

I agree. Pitty, because there were great photo opportunities.

The old adagium still works, and wsa forgotten by this photographer:

After you like you picture in the viewfinder:

-portraits: go 2 steps closer
-anything else: go a lot closer
-digital: steps one and two plus an extra step (view finder shows 80% or
less)

Sander
Amsterdam
Holland

Old October 9th, 2005, 09:24 AM

Dear Alby

I think that your web pages lack visual impact (ie. they are boring).
But there is a lot you can do to improve things.

First of all you should pick your best photos and put them on the first
page. Unfortunatley, your first page seems to contain your least
interesting photos.

You photos also look quite blury and washed out. This is probably
because you used a compact zoom which have cheap lenses and also
because you saved on a very low quality JPEG setting (to save disk
space/bandwidth). I think that you need to rescan your photos and use
the sharpen feature of Photoshop (or whatever software you are using).
This works remarkably well.

You should also use the auto-contrast feature and possibly play around
with the brighness/contrast. It's also worth changing the colour
balance, usually add more red, subtract some blue. This (in my opinion)
makes the colours look more natural.

I don't feel that doing any of the above is cheating since you are only
removing the defects introduced by the camera and the
developing/printing process.

You can also use the crop feature of your Photo software to make the
composition more interesting.

You also need to improve your thumbnail images. You can create
thumbnails by cropping rather than by just zooming out.

Your photos on pages 3 and 4 are potentially very good. Work on them
first and don't be afraid to have images files that are 100Kb or
larger. Get rid of any photos that are boring. Choose quality over
quantity.

Reagrds

Jaz
http://www.dharssi.org.uk/travel/