Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

Old July 24th, 2006, 02:24 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
The Reid[_1_]

Default Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

Following up to Jim Ley

you
don't expect people on alt.politics.bush to understand en-GB

no, I wouldn't expect them to understand.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old July 25th, 2006, 01:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Tchiowa

The Reid wrote:
Following up to Dave Frightens Me

An experienced employee can produce enough to justify a long vacation.
I personally get several months a year.

Everyone on usenet is rich, good looking, and has a perfect life,
especially you neo-con wannabes.

that's my impression too. I had a job with over two months leave,
I've not seen many with three, the minimum for "several".

Not many, true. But particularly in the oil business there are a whole
lot of jobs that have up to 6 months paid leave per year. Of course we
tend to work 80-100 hours a week during the other 6 months.

Old July 25th, 2006, 06:45 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Miguel Cruz

The Reid wrote:
that's my impression too. I had a job with over two months leave,
I've not seen many with three, the minimum for "several".

There's always schoolteachers...

miguel
--
Photos from 40 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Latest photos: Malaysia; Thailand; Singapore; Spain; Morocco
Old July 25th, 2006, 09:03 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
The Reid[_1_]

Following up to Tchiowa

that's my impression too. I had a job with over two months leave,
I've not seen many with three, the minimum for "several".

Not many, true. But particularly in the oil business there are a whole
lot of jobs that have up to 6 months paid leave per year. Of course we
tend to work 80-100 hours a week during the other 6 months.

So "not many" probably equals a number around zero aside from
abnormal situations which are not unique to the US anyway.
Old July 25th, 2006, 04:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar[_1_]

In article spam-F4D6F3.13452725072006@localhost, Miguel Cruz
wrote:

The Reid wrote:
that's my impression too. I had a job with over two months leave,
I've not seen many with three, the minimum for "several".

There's always schoolteachers...

True, they have the time, if they don't need to get in some summer
school to keep their license current or need a summer job just to
survive. And don't have families to support. One needs both time and the
money 8-) I didn't get to Europe until my children were grown.

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar),
philologist, biblioholic medievalist

http://www.airstreamcomm.net/~erilarlo

Old July 25th, 2006, 06:05 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
David A Rose

Tchiowa yazdi:
Dave Frightens Me wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 11:28:13 -0700, "Stephen Dailey"
wrote:

At many firms, employees who "just go through the motions" are invited to
seek employment elsewhere. It's bad for morale, and office-wide
productivity, to have employees who are just there to collect a paycheck
and really don't give a damn about doing a good job.

Utter rubbish. Once you learn the ins and outs of any job, you can
just coast along with it, delivering what's expected and no more. All
big companys are the same like that. It's all just a question of
figuring out the system.

Even worse rubbish. I'll grant you that there are people who believe
like you do. But we have some terms for them. Losers. Failures. These
are the people who never go anywhere, never advance, make lousy money
and demand things like free health care because they'll never be able
to afford it themselves.

These are the people who simply don't deserve vacation.

I've worked for both types of firms: (a) where you really, really have to
screw up in order to get fired, and (b) where you are expected to be
productive and to innovate. I prefer the latter.

Except the latter don't actually exist - for long.

You've got to be kidding!!! These are the companies that succeed.

Once a few managers get in place, all the important decisions just get
left to politics.

Nonsense.

David A Rose
39 Deacons Hill Road
Elstree
Borehamwood
Hertfordshire
WD6 3HZ

0208 9534648
0208 2072660

Be carefull around his area. David Rose is a convicted pedophile.