Sue Alitalia for my lost bags?

Old April 16th, 2009, 11:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Sue Alitalia for my lost bags?

Hi guys,
Alitalia lost one of my bags four months ago while traveling from
Boston to Cairo. I filed a claim when it was lost.
I have been trying to contact them for the last four months but they
never answer their phones. The only response I got back was by email
saying that they will settle my claim after 100 days from the day my
bag was lost.
Now it's 120 days, and I received nothing. The bag is worth more than
1000 dollars.
Also I have travel insurance but they are refusing to give me anything
until Alitalia settles the claim.

I decided to go to the small claim court in Boston, but I need to list
the defendant's name, what should I write?

Thanks
Old April 17th, 2009, 03:28 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
wkhedr

On Apr 16, 9:52*pm, "PatTX" wrote:
wrote:

:: Hi guys,
:: Alitalia lost one of my bags four months ago while traveling from
:: Boston to Cairo. I filed a claim when it was lost.
:: I have been trying to contact them for the last four months but they
:: never answer their phones. The only response I got back was by email
:: saying that they will settle my claim after 100 days from the day my
:: bag was lost.
:: Now it's 120 days, and I received nothing. The bag is worth more than
:: 1000 dollars.
:: Also I have travel insurance but they are refusing to give me
:: anything until Alitalia settles the claim.
::
:: I decided to go to the small claim court in Boston, but I need to
:: list the defendant's name, what should I write?
::
:: Thanks

It's really strange that a commercial business "never" answers the
phone...perhaps you have the wrong number? Try the 800 operator and ask her
if they have a toll free number. Or go to their website....

Pat

The phone numbers dedicated for the lost baggage never get answered,
instead you go through some recorded message that says to fax your
claims or mail them to some address.
But they replied my emails telling me to wait 100 days which I waited
already. Then after 120 days they tell me to be patient. It's been
four months without any compensation and also I can't even get
anything from the travel insurance I bought because they wait first
for the airline settlement.

Old April 17th, 2009, 07:44 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

Hi guys,
Alitalia lost one of my bags four months ago while traveling from
Boston to Cairo....

Arrive Late In Turin, All Luggage In Athens.

--
Tim C.
Old April 17th, 2009, 08:38 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

"Tim C." wrote in message

Arrive Late In Turin, All Luggage In Athens.

LOL. A few mo

LUFTHANSA Let us f**k the hostesses, as no stewards available
SABENA Such a bloody experience, never again
BWIA But will it arrive?
TAP Take another plane
ALITALIA Aircraft landed in Turin, all luggage in Athens
QANTAS Quite a nice touchdown - any survivors?
DELTA Didn't even leave the airport
EL AL Every landing always late
NORTHWEST Nobody out-ranks this horrid, worthless, excruciatingly sluggish
transport
AA Abort, abort!

Ian

Old April 17th, 2009, 04:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
PeterL

On Apr 16, 3:55*pm, wrote:
Hi guys,
Alitalia lost one of my bags four months ago while traveling from
Boston to Cairo. I filed a claim when it was lost.
I have been trying to contact them for the last four months but they
never answer their phones. The only response I got back was by email
saying that they will settle my claim after 100 days from the day my
bag was lost.
Now it's 120 days, and I received nothing. The bag is worth more than
1000 dollars.
Also I have travel insurance but they are refusing to give me anything
until Alitalia settles the claim.

I decided to go to the small claim court in Boston, but I need to list
the defendant's name, what should I write?

Thanks

Try one of those consumer problem solvers. Maybe your newspaper has
one. Check one of those travel magazines.

BTW you are not going to get anywhere near $1,000 for one loss bag.
What kind of bag is it and why is it that expensive? Maybe that's why
it go stolen. Check your ticket to see the limits they put on loss
bags.
Old April 17th, 2009, 05:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Valtsu

Ian F. wrote:
"Tim C." wrote in message

Arrive Late In Turin, All Luggage In Athens.

LOL. A few mo

LUFTHANSA Let us f**k the hostesses, as no stewards available
SABENA Such a bloody experience, never again
BWIA But will it arrive?
TAP Take another plane
ALITALIA Aircraft landed in Turin, all luggage in Athens
QANTAS Quite a nice touchdown - any survivors?
DELTA Didn't even leave the airport
EL AL Every landing always late
NORTHWEST Nobody out-ranks this horrid, worthless, excruciatingly
sluggish transport
AA Abort, abort!

SAS Sex and satisfaction

Ian

Old April 17th, 2009, 06:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
PatTX[_3_]

PeterL wrote:
:
: BTW you are not going to get anywhere near $1,000 for one loss bag.
: What kind of bag is it and why is it that expensive? Maybe that's why
: it go stolen. Check your ticket to see the limits they put on loss
: bags.

It's generally not the value of the bag, itself, but of the contents
therein. However, he had better have really good records, price receipts,
etc.

Pat