The Gower - any personal thoughts?

Old September 17th, 2013, 10:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

Default The Gower - any personal thoughts?

On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 10:16:05 AM UTC+1, Surreyman wrote:
On Monday, September 16, 2013 11:35:57 AM UTC+1, Martin wrote:

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 02:58:10 -0700 (PDT), Surreyman

wrote:

On Monday, September 16, 2013 7:04:28 AM UTC+1, Tim C. wrote:

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 04:13:12 -0700 (PDT), Surreyman wrote in post :

:

Pwlldu beach, a pebble raised-beach not easily accessible by car, and

there's also the Culver Hole at Port Eynon.

--

Tim C. Linz, Austria.

Thanks so much for your very positive remarks - all verified since I was already there when you posted! :-))

Indeed, we rented a flat with a view directly over Arthur's Stone!

Did the glorious walk down to Three Cliffs Bay.

Saw all your other suggestions and a lot more!

Gower really is a gem, unrealised by many.

Thanks again.

Lol! I've been on holiday and just saw your post. I didn't notice the

date Duh!

Glad you enjoyed it anyway. I really loved the time there, it really is

lovely. There are some tourist hotspots, but many hardly known gems.

--

Tim C. Linz, Austria.

Well, what typifies Gower, I think, is Rhossili Bay.

Voted by someone as the world's best beach, before going I checked the webcam and it was virtually empty in August!

Got there in early September, and indeed it was empty, all several miles of it.

Glorious scenery untouched.

Apparently it's just too much trouble for most to take a half-hour drive to it - thank goodness!

and those who walk along Swansea Bay usually get no further than

Mumbles. Langland Bay was always empty when I walked there.

--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Yep, Langland was empty last week.

The Mumbles felt like some manic metropolis on our visit there to Oystermouth Castle! :-))

Caswell was empty, too.
A few hardy hikers in Three Cliffs.
Maybe half-a-dozen families hardly visible in the wide spreads of Oxwich & Port Eynon.

Answer? - Go the week after schools have restarted!