39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.

Old July 9th, 2007, 12:07 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx
Thumper

Default 39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 06:46:42 -0700, Sam Spade
wrote:

If the House pushed impeachment then you will see civil war in the
US. Too many Bush supporters are fed up with the cry babies of the
left. All the left understands is violence, look at the way that they
are scared to death of the Muslims....

No way, Jose. Americans only bitch and moan. If they were inclined to
Civil War it would be happening now over illegal immigration and how the
left (and Bush) tell us we are racists because we can no longer stand
this invasion by Mexico.

Many of the people bitching about illegal immigrants ARE racist. They
use this as a cover.
Thumper
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx
Thumper

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 07:10:53 -0700, Sam Spade

On 2007-07-07 22:34:26 -0400, George Graves said:

OK, I'm all for it. What are the charges? Remember, these have to be
legitimate charges, instances where he broke US law.

Anyone who consider's Clinton's impeachment to have been based on
"legitimate charges" is living out in the never-never land of the far
right.

You're right, of course. What is wrong is the system is inappropriate
for today's United States. The people want the ability to recall the
president.

Had the people had that power, both Clinton and Bush would have been
removed from office.

Oh sure. Clinton had a 68% approval rating after his impeachment.
Thumper
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:09 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Thumper

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 10:53:32 -0700, George Graves
wrote:

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 06:49:25 -0700, sechumlib wrote
(in article ):

On 2007-07-07 22:34:26 -0400, George Graves said:

OK, I'm all for it. What are the charges? Remember, these have to be
legitimate charges, instances where he broke US law.

Anyone who consider's Clinton's impeachment to have been based on
"legitimate charges" is living out in the never-never land of the far
right.

Anyone who condones perjury in a court of law, by anyone, high or low, has no
right to live under a Democratic Republic. That means you, buddy.

Clinton was found NOT GUILTY!
Thumper
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:14 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Thumper

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 10:45:49 -0700, George Graves
wrote:

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 00:35:46 -0700, ZnU wrote
(in article ):

In article ,
George Graves wrote:

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 19:03:32 -0700, Sparrow wrote
(in article om):

Read all about it, he http://Muvy.org

OK, I'm all for it. What are the charges? Remember, these have to be
legitimate charges, instances where he broke US law.

Wikipedia has a nice list of potential charges:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movemen...Bush#Rationale
s_for_impeachment

The ones that potentially involve explicit violations of US law:

1) Warrantless surveillance (violates FISA).
2) Violations of the UN Charter (remember, treaties are US law).
3) Violations of the Geneva Convention (ditto).
4) Commuting Libby's sentence (if done to prevent Libby from turning
state's evidence, it represents obstruction of justice).
5) Politicization of the United States attorney offices, in a scheme
possibly involving voter suppression and a subsequent coverup.
6) Signing statements (the executive is not allowed to rewrite laws).

As of this week, you'll almost certainly be able to add to that
willfully ignoring subpoenas lawfully issued by the US Congress.

If the political will was there to impeach, any of the above could serve
as a constitutionally valid justification. Remember, impeachment doesn't
function according to a "reasonable doubt" standard; it functions
according to whatever standard Congress wants.

[snip]

Then why aren't the Democrats instituting impeachment proceedings? Could it
be that they feel that having Chaney as Pres would be out of the frying pan
and into the fire?

They don't have the votes.
Republicans can block it.
Thumper
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:16 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Sam Spade

wrote:

If the House pushed impeachment then you will see civil war in the
US. Too many Bush supporters are fed up with the cry babies of the
left. All the left understands is violence, look at the way that they
are scared to death of the Muslims....

No way, Jose. Americans only bitch and moan. If they were inclined to
Civil War it would be happening now over illegal immigration and how the
left (and Bush) tell us we are racists because we can no longer stand
this invasion by Mexico.

Many of the people bitching about illegal immigrants ARE racist. They
use this as a cover.
Thumper

Some are racists. But, my opinion is that it is a minority. Those of
us who have lived in California all or lives have, for the most part,
lived and gotton along with Latinos quite well.

But, that has little to do with hordes of illegals, primarily from
Mexico, coming across the border in droves.

And, so some folks who are against unabated illegal immigration are
racists. In the greater context of the problem, that is really
irrelevant to the terrible problem at hand.
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:28 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
sechumlib

Old July 9th, 2007, 12:31 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
sechumlib

On 2007-07-08 18:54:04 -0400, George Graves said:

Please show me where, in any code of jurisprudence in the country where it
gives a witness the right to lie under oath about anything?

Please show me where, in any sensible political system, a politician
will put the chief executive in a position where he might lie under
oath about anything as trivial as a blow job? And use that as a reason
to try to get rid of a chief executive who is doing a perfectly fine
job?

No politician with scruples would have done such a thing. Which types
the Republican Congress perfectly.

Old July 9th, 2007, 12:32 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
sechumlib

On 2007-07-08 18:54:04 -0400, George Graves said:

Had I been the judge, as I've said before, the man would have done time -
starting the minute his presidency was up.

There you go again! Have you NO decency, sir? More particularly, have
you NO concept of the difference between an impeachment trial in
Congress and a criminal trial in court?

Old July 9th, 2007, 12:44 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Sam Spade

On 2007-07-08 19:16:33 -0400, Sam Spade said:

Some are racists. But, my opinion is that it is a minority. Those of
us who have lived in California all or lives have, for the most part,
lived and gotton along with Latinos quite well.

But, that has little to do with hordes of illegals, primarily from
Mexico, coming across the border in droves.

Why do you care?

Now, that is a stupid question. Either you are trying to bait me or you
are without clues.
Old July 9th, 2007, 01:05 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
sechumlib

On 2007-07-08 19:16:33 -0400, Sam Spade said:

Some are racists. But, my opinion is that it is a minority. Those of
us who have lived in California all or lives have, for the most part,
lived and gotton along with Latinos quite well.

But, that has little to do with hordes of illegals, primarily from
Mexico, coming across the border in droves.

Why do you care?

Now, that is a stupid question. Either you are trying to bait me or
you are without clues.

Are you one of those menial laborers whose job is threatened by the illegals?