Avoid Delta and Atlanta

Old July 19th, 2006, 08:44 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
The Reid[_1_]

Default Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

Following up to Tchiowa

what you probably don't get is that that lifestyle isnt
supportable. We need to consume less, work less and pollute less,
its not really anything to do with what I think is useless.

Consume less, maybe.

definitely

Work less, absolutely not. That's the kind of
thinking that destroys civilizations.

We have to move from using productivity to create more stuff and
pollution to using productivity to achieve efficiency and low
pollution. We have to slow down, air travel alone threatens to
destroy us if we allow it to grow as predicted.

And yes my lifestyle is completely supportable.

across the world it isn't, so unless you aim to find a way of
stopping the new economies moving forward towards western levels,
you have a problem.

People have been saying
the US lifestyle isn't supportable for over half a century and we keep
improving.

the future will prove you wrong, hopefully you will come to see
your mistake as a country before its too late for everybody..
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old July 19th, 2006, 01:21 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
The Reid[_1_]

Following up to Mxsmanic

And yes my lifestyle is completely supportable. People have been saying
the US lifestyle isn't supportable for over half a century and we keep
improving.

Any lifestyle is supportable if the population is not allowed to
expand out of control.

to support the US lifestyle across the globe population will have
to start falling fast.
Old July 19th, 2006, 05:32 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

The Reid writes:

to support the US lifestyle across the globe population will have
to start falling fast.

I agree, but I think that's a desirable goal. There isn't any reason
why human population must perpetually increase. And if it does
perpetually increase, eventually everyone will starve under the most
dire conditions, since the resources of the planet are finite.

Old July 19th, 2006, 10:16 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:32:31 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

The Reid writes:

to support the US lifestyle across the globe population will have
to start falling fast.

I agree, but I think that's a desirable goal. There isn't any reason
why human population must perpetually increase. And if it does
perpetually increase, eventually everyone will starve under the most
dire conditions, since the resources of the planet are finite.

I think we'll have a bit of warning.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old July 20th, 2006, 03:08 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

Dave Frightens Me writes:

I think we'll have a bit of warning.

Here in Paris we've had warnings of 100° F and above for a week.
Nobody seems to be listening.

Old July 20th, 2006, 05:45 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Tchiowa

Mxsmanic wrote:
Dave Frightens Me writes:

I think we'll have a bit of warning.

Here in Paris we've had warnings of 100° F and above for a week.

I wonder if France will demonstrate its vaunted medical care system and
the high quality of life again this summer when hundreds or thousands
die because of the heat and the hospitals can't cope with treating
them.

Old July 20th, 2006, 08:48 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

Tchiowa writes:

I wonder if France will demonstrate its vaunted medical care system and
the high quality of life again this summer when hundreds or thousands
die because of the heat and the hospitals can't cope with treating
them.

The health care system isn't the part that has to change. The country
needs to start installing air conditioning.

Old July 20th, 2006, 09:21 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
The Reid[_1_]

Following up to Dave Frightens Me

I agree, but I think that's a desirable goal. There isn't any reason
why human population must perpetually increase. And if it does
perpetually increase, eventually everyone will starve under the most
dire conditions, since the resources of the planet are finite.

I think we'll have a bit of warning.

you don't think we are already getting them? Warming, species
loss,oil and gas supplies....
Old July 20th, 2006, 09:25 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:48:58 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Tchiowa writes:

I wonder if France will demonstrate its vaunted medical care system and
the high quality of life again this summer when hundreds or thousands
die because of the heat and the hospitals can't cope with treating
them.

The health care system isn't the part that has to change. The country
needs to start installing air conditioning.

They need education, not air-con.
--
---
Old July 21st, 2006, 01:00 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

Dave Frightens Me writes:

They need education, not air-con.

There isn't any type of education that can replace air conditioning.