London to New York, September 2004

Old November 4th, 2003, 09:51 AM
Mark Hewitt

Default London to New York, September 2004

A friend of mine has expressed an interest in visiting New York in September
next year. Specifically on September 11th so she can pay her respects at
whatever service they have then.

Looking at fares at the moment they all come out in the £400-420 range. Now
I'm sure that I saw much cheaper fares for the same time this year. We could
fly from either London or Manchester.

Can I resonably expect the price to come down between now and next
September? (The idea would have to be shelved if this was the cost of the
tickets)

Cheers

Old November 4th, 2003, 11:41 AM
Miss L. Toe

"Mark Hewitt" wrote in message
A friend of mine has expressed an interest in visiting New York in

September
next year. Specifically on September 11th so she can pay her respects at
whatever service they have then.

Looking at fares at the moment they all come out in the £400-420 range.

Now
I'm sure that I saw much cheaper fares for the same time this year. We

could
fly from either London or Manchester.

Can I resonably expect the price to come down between now and next
September? (The idea would have to be shelved if this was the cost of the
tickets)

Cheers

I would guess that you could easilly pick them up for under 300 GBP nearer
the time, however it is only just after the UK kids go back to school and
before the Uni's start, and still proabably good weather time, so they may
not get too low.

If you see them for 250 GBP grab them. IMO

Old November 4th, 2003, 10:18 PM
Jeffrey Hacker

My suggestion would be to wait til we're much closer to 9/11. Usually there
are some really good deals about then. You might want to sign up for email
postings from American, British Airways, Continental, United, and Virgin
Atlantic, all of which serve London-New York and/or Manchester-New York.

Jeff