1 hour cut off rule?

Old March 18th, 2009, 12:56 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Duh_OZ

Default 1 hour cut off rule?

Full read:
http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/...47056-sun.html

Snip:
===========
Being one minute late was all it took for a Florida student to be
denied a flight home at the Calgary International Airport yesterday --
and having to pay for another.

Samantha Hydes said she arrived at the Northwest Airlines check-in at
7:01 a.m. for an 8 a.m. flight home to Tallahasee, Fla. -- only to be
told she was too late to board.

"They told me the computer closed the booking, there was nothing they
could do," said Hydes, 22, who'd been driven in from Banff.

"I understand where they're coming from, but if I'm one minute late,
their employees aren't empowered to do anything to help?"

She said nowhere on her flight itinerary did it mention the sharp, one-
hour cutoff. Airlines do suggest passengers on international flights
arrive two hours before take-off.
============
Old March 18th, 2009, 02:59 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Steve Cain

"Duh_OZ" wrote in message
[...]

The airline's manifest for an international flight must be transmitted to
the Homeland Security Customs and Border Protection agency a minimum of
thirty minutes before scheduled takeoff. Subsequently the airline must be
cleared following a data base analysis.

Old March 18th, 2009, 03:59 PM posted to rec.travel.air
SMS

Duh_OZ wrote:
Full read:
http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/...47056-sun.html

She was an FSU student, which means she was already a couple of beers
short of a six pack.
Old March 18th, 2009, 05:21 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Steve Cain

"SMS" wrote in message
Duh_OZ wrote:
Full read:
http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/...47056-sun.html

She was an FSU student, which means she was already a couple of beers
short of a six pack

Go easy on FSU; here in Denver the public schools have altered their
schedules because "research" shows the children cannot perform early in the
morning having done Face Book until the wee hours. .

Old March 18th, 2009, 07:21 PM posted to rec.travel.air
SMS

Steve Cain wrote:

Go easy on FSU; here in Denver the public schools have altered their
schedules because "research" shows the children cannot perform early in the
morning having done Face Book until the wee hours. .

Actually I did read a study a few years ago that criticized the early
start times for schools, stating that kids would learn better if school
started at 10:00 a.m. rather than 7:30-8:00 a.m.. The early start times
are for the convenience of the teachers and staff who need less sleep.

If she was at FSU she was there for her MRS degree. Anyone with a brain,
male or female, is at UF.

Old March 20th, 2009, 12:01 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

"Steve Cain" wrote:
"Duh_OZ" wrote:
Being one minute late was all it took for a Florida student to be
denied a flight home at the Calgary International Airport yesterday --
and having to pay for another.
Samantha Hydes said she arrived at the Northwest Airlines check-in
at 7:01 a.m. for an 8 a.m. flight home to Tallahasee, Fla. -- only to be
told she was too late to board... She said nowhere on her flight itinerary
did it mention the sharp, one-
hour cutoff.

Most folks are well-aware of the one-hour cut-off. Its usually clearly
stated on a receipt or check-in instruction. But for FSU Seminoles,
English comprehension can be a challenge.
-- a University of Florida Gator --

Old March 20th, 2009, 06:26 AM posted to rec.travel.air
SMS

Rog' wrote:
"Steve Cain" wrote:
"Duh_OZ" wrote:
Being one minute late was all it took for a Florida student to be
denied a flight home at the Calgary International Airport yesterday --
and having to pay for another.
Samantha Hydes said she arrived at the Northwest Airlines check-in
at 7:01 a.m. for an 8 a.m. flight home to Tallahasee, Fla. -- only to be
told she was too late to board... She said nowhere on her flight itinerary
did it mention the sharp, one-
hour cutoff.

Most folks are well-aware of the one-hour cut-off. Its usually clearly
stated on a receipt or check-in instruction. But for FSU Seminoles,
English comprehension can be a challenge.
-- a University of Florida Gator --

Exactly. A Gator would never do anything that dumb. She was probably
headed to Tallahassee to get her Dillard's FSU discount.