Anyone seen fireworks from an airplane??

Old November 8th, 2003, 10:38 PM
Kris

Default Anyone seen fireworks from an airplane??

Hi there - I was just watching some rather nice fireworks in my city.
At the same time, I saw the navigation lights of a few airplanes in
the sky and I was wondering, has anyone ever seen fireworks while
aboard an airplane? If the skies are clear, it must be quite
spectacular, I would think?

Kris

Old November 9th, 2003, 06:17 AM
Miguel Cruz

Kris wrote:
Hi there - I was just watching some rather nice fireworks in my city.
At the same time, I saw the navigation lights of a few airplanes in
the sky and I was wondering, has anyone ever seen fireworks while
aboard an airplane? If the skies are clear, it must be quite
spectacular, I would think?

I've landed at DCA during the fireworks here in Washington. I must say it
wasn't all that exciting. Now, lightning, on the other hand...

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/
Old November 9th, 2003, 07:11 AM
Edwardseco

In article , Kris
writes:

If the skies are clear, it must be quite
spectacular,

Yes it is. What the hell does this have to do with rec.travel.asia?
edwardseco
Old November 9th, 2003, 08:59 AM
Kris

On 09 Nov 2003 07:11:36 GMT, (Edwardseco) wrote:

In article , Kris
writes:

If the skies are clear, it must be quite
spectacular,

Yes it is. What the hell does this have to do with rec.travel.asia?
edwardseco

airplane
travel

thank you

Kris

Old November 9th, 2003, 09:35 AM
Sjoerd

"Kris" schreef in bericht
Hi there - I was just watching some rather nice fireworks in my city.
At the same time, I saw the navigation lights of a few airplanes in
the sky and I was wondering, has anyone ever seen fireworks while
aboard an airplane? If the skies are clear, it must be quite
spectacular, I would think?

Very spectacular. In 1998 - if I remember correctly- I overflew Paris on a
flight from Frankfurt to Buenos Aires just on the evening that France had
won the football World Cup. Great fireworks to be seen from the plane.

Sjoerd

Old November 9th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Edwardseco

In article , Kris
writes:

Yes it is. What the hell does this have to do with rec.travel.asia?
edwardseco

airplane
travel

Stay off the drugs, there aren't enough neurons left to spare unless you plan
to leave for Asia on the evening of July 4 from the or New Year's from
Brisbane.
edwardseco
Old November 9th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Per Löwdin

At the same time, I saw the navigation lights of a few airplanes in
the sky and I was wondering, has anyone ever seen fireworks while
aboard an airplane? If the skies are clear, it must be quite
spectacular, I would think?

Not necessarily, I may also look flat.

Per
http://lowdin.nu

Old November 10th, 2003, 01:58 AM
KimBob

For some reason, perhaps just luck, I have seen fireworks many times
from commercial planes IN ASIA, and they were always barely
recognizable as fireworks. I suppose we were far to high to enjoy the
show. Hong Kong and even Seoul do great shows from the ground or by
boat, but unless I was in a small plane with incoming fireworks I'
stick to the ground, I think I'd stick to the ground even then.