Purchase of luggage for carry on...

Old January 29th, 2006, 04:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Purchase of luggage for carry on...

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message
Airlines all have different attitudes. I have found that soft carry on
bags are usually easier to deal with.

Another virtue to soft-side seems to be that airlines are less fussy. We
have twice been stopped by airlines ( France and AIitalia) because our
carry-on did not fit in their test frame ( it fits in BA and Delta and
others) But we saw several people come on board with very large bags --
floppy and irregular in shape.
Air France is especially horrid in Venice. The tiniest bit of overweight
( and I mean less than a kilo) will get extra charge. And when AF insisted
we check our carry-on, things were broken.
rjf

Old January 29th, 2006, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:20:04 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 17:10:04 +0100, DDT Filled Mormons
wrote:

On 29 Jan 2006 06:27:42 -0800, "-hh"
wrote:

Øystein wrote:
Just got a Jansport Modus Soft Convertible, after a lot of reseach. A
major requirement was backstraps, as opposed to wheels - those add too
much to the weight, in my opinion.

Its also "fun" to get wheeled bags up and down train platform stairs.

Also for those people behind you, that 'wait' for you to change
handles in a busy part of the station. Why can't they make those
things so you can just drag them up and down stairs any which way?

and not forgetting passengers at Schiphol, who drag them over your
feet.

Is Holland starting to really get to you Martin? ;o)
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com