_ Oslo, Norway questions

Old March 23rd, 2005, 01:33 PM
Bjorn Olsson

Default _ Oslo, Norway questions

Jack Campin - bogus address ) wrote:

2. What will the weather likely be like in late May?

I think that was when I was there. Torrential ****ing rain.

Norway: Land of the umbrella vending machine.

http://www.springwise.com/newbusines...t_no_more.html

Bjorn

Old March 23rd, 2005, 02:55 PM
Padraig Breathnach

(Bjorn Olsson) wrote:

Jack Campin - bogus address ) wrote:

2. What will the weather likely be like in late May?

I think that was when I was there. Torrential ****ing rain.

Norway: Land of the umbrella vending machine.

http://www.springwise.com/newbusines...t_no_more.html

I'm not an umbrella person. I hate the damn things. But yes, I bought
one in Oslo (but not from a machine).

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old March 23rd, 2005, 03:55 PM

I didn't get rain in Oslo, but Bergen (where the cruise ships land,
at the western extremity of Norway) makes Ireland look like California.

Some of the best umbrellas in the world are sold in Bergen, Norway.

Not too much rain in the north of the country (I highly recommended it
if you have the time and money). It is the farthest north you will ever
get by car or intercity bus. But even Oslo is pretty close to the North
Pole (although it is warm enough).

Sam

Old March 24th, 2005, 04:19 PM
erilar

In article , Padraig
Breathnach wrote:

I'm not an umbrella person. I hate the damn things. But yes, I bought
one in Oslo (but not from a machine).

I have a rain jacket. If I'm not wearing it, it's in my day pack. I
don't let rain spoil any more fun than posible 8-)

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar)

You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument
is that reason doesn't count. Isaac Asimov

Erilar's Cave Annex: http://www.airstreamcomm.net/~erilarlo
Old March 24th, 2005, 04:20 PM
erilar

PS--although this may appear before my previous post. I had a nice visit
in Oslo, but there was a really torrential rain one afternoon.
Mid-September, though.

Old March 24th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Martin Strand

On 23 Mar 2005 07:55:29 -0800, wrote:

Not too much rain in the north of the country (I highly recommended it
if you have the time and money).

NSB (/the/ Norwegian Railway company) offers trips for NOK 199,- (7 NOK =
~1 USD) if you plan ahead. If you buy your tickets online (www.nsb.no),
you can catch the train i Oslo, and take another in Trondheim. You won't
get further north than Bodø, but you'll get a four day round trip through
over half of Norway for ca. 800 NOK. If you want to spend more time in
Bodø or go further north, "Norwegian Air Shuttle" (www.norwegian.no) can
take you from Oslo to a destination in Northern Norway and back again for
ca. 1000 NOK -- but this requires good planning, and purchase on-line from
the company.

I live in a small place south of Bodø, and I do agree with you: It's
highly recommendable!

--
Martin Strand
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure