Parkridge Apartments, Sydney

Old May 3rd, 2009, 06:36 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Linda Hardy

Default Parkridge Apartments, Sydney

Hi,

Just to let you know, I found these apartments Parkridge Apartments in
Oxford Street in Sydney, sent them an email 3 days ago to make an enquiry,
did not hear from them, but yesterday went ahead via their website and made
a booking for 5 days in November and paid a deposit of $95.00, today
received an email from them saying they are no longer taking any bookings
due to ligitation proceedings.

I have cancelled my booking however because of their "cancellation policy"
I'm now to be charged $47.50 for cancelling.

There is nothing written on their website saying "not taking any bookings
etc" so how many others are going to be duped and be $47.50 out of pocket.

I'm not a happy bunny right now.

Linda

Old May 3rd, 2009, 07:50 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Rudy[_1_]

.. yesterday went ahead via their website and made a booking for 5 days in
November and paid a deposit of $95.00,

Must have used a CC, right ?

I have cancelled my booking however because of their "cancellation policy"
I'm now to be charged $47.50 for cancelling.

Contact your CC company and advise them..actually an Email may be better
than phone because you get to keep a copy of your mail plus the CC
copmpany's reply

Old May 3rd, 2009, 08:05 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
David Bennetts

"Linda Hardy" wrote in message

It's unclear to me from your posting who cancelled the booking. They
apparently said in their email they weren't taking any more bookings, but
did this apply before or after you made yours? You say however that you
cancelled the booking, if that was the case their terms state that they have
a 10% NON REFUNDABLE deposit.

If they didn't accept your booking, obviously they should have refunded your
money or not processed the transaction. If that be the case you can go to
your credit card provider and ask them to reverse the transaction. If
however you cancelled it would appear you are not entitled to a refund.

Regards

David Bennetts

Old May 3rd, 2009, 01:00 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Linda Hardy

Hi David,

I sent an email to make an enquiry last week to the apartment people, they
never responded, I then made a booking yesterday through their website and
today I received an email from them replying to my email from last week
saying they cannot take any bookings, they did not mention the fact that I
had already made a booking the day before.

We have now corresponded back and forth several times today and they say
they are going to pay me back my deposit, wait and see.

cheers

Linda

Old May 3rd, 2009, 10:50 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
David Bennetts

"Linda Hardy" wrote in message
Hi David,

I sent an email to make an enquiry last week to the apartment people, they
never responded, I then made a booking yesterday through their website and
today I received an email from them replying to my email from last week
saying they cannot take any bookings, they did not mention the fact that I
had already made a booking the day before.

We have now corresponded back and forth several times today and they say
they are going to pay me back my deposit, wait and see.

cheers

Linda

Thanks for clarifying the matter. You should be entitled to a full refund,
it seems a rather peculiar situation.
If you look at reports on www.tripadvisor.com regarding that establishment
they're a mixed bag, so you may have a more pleasant stay elsewhere.

Regards

David Bennetts

Old May 28th, 2009, 07:01 AM
famous famous is offline
Member

Wow its great information. Thanks for sharing with us. Sydney apartments are very cheap. But I think their facilities are not good.