Stranded in S Florida How bad was it?

Old February 7th, 2010, 03:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter[_6_]

Default Stranded in S Florida How bad was it?

Talking to our daughter yesterday I mentioned how she was going to see
less paxengers on this cruise with the storm. (Crown P first port of
call is Caymans and that is one expensive last minute ticket) What I
didn't think of until this am is how bad it must have been for people
trying to find hotel space while waiting for flights back to DC Philly
etc.

Anyone know how bad it was? I know that when Superbowl hits in Miami
the rack rates kick in and those are quite ridiculous.
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

Joseph Coulter consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared On 2/7/2010 10:39 AM:
Talking to our daughter yesterday I mentioned how she was going to see
less paxengers on this cruise with the storm. (Crown P first port of
call is Caymans and that is one expensive last minute ticket) What I
didn't think of until this am is how bad it must have been for people
trying to find hotel space while waiting for flights back to DC Philly
etc.

Anyone know how bad it was? I know that when Superbowl hits in Miami
the rack rates kick in and those are quite ridiculous.
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

As we all know by now, the NYC Metro area hardly got a dusting at Newark
Liberty. Folks could have diverted there if their flights to Philly
were canceled and then train or rental car the next day. By Saturday
afternoon there was no snow in the NYC area and most highways going down
to Philly were clear.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951
My Shutterfly Page http://photosbybrianmk.shutterfly.com/

Old February 10th, 2010, 05:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 02:28:46 -0500, Brian K
wrote:

As we all know by now, the NYC Metro area hardly got a dusting at Newark
Liberty. Folks could have diverted there if their flights to Philly
were canceled and then train or rental car the next day. By Saturday
afternoon there was no snow in the NYC area and most highways going down
to Philly were clear.

The world doesn't revolve around NYC.

The flights to the mid Atlantic were cancelled and not diverted. My
wife was supposed to fly from ATL to BWI Sunday and got back late
Monday afternoon. She would have gotten back late at night with the
flight she was assigned. Monday morning I checked the DL website and
found a flight that didn't show up as an alternative but was available
for booking as a new reservation. I called and woke her up. She called
DL and got on that flight.
Fortunately she was visiting her mother so it wasn't that disruptive.