How Can I Avoid This?

Old January 26th, 2010, 06:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Default How Can I void ****?

Mark

Easy, stay home on your estate and plae with with you plane o your
private arstrip and you won't have anyone to bother you.

Or just get the hell out of the closet and admit what everyone else
already knows.

Old January 27th, 2010, 12:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
ray

Default How Can I Avoid This?

Wilf wrote:
My wife and I have been on 5 or 6 cruises in the last 10 years and I
seem to recall there was a "Friends of Dorothy" meeting on every one,
so yours was not a special situation.

Not saying it was special ... just the first time that we had tried to
figure out what it was we saw in the daily news.

--

Ray
=======================
Old January 27th, 2010, 04:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 08:59:08 +0000, Wilf
wrote:

My wife and I have been on 5 or 6 cruises in the last 10 years and I
seem to recall there was a "Friends of Dorothy" meeting on every one, so
yours was not a special situation.

We were on a cruise and there was a "Friends of" a male name that I
forget. I had wondered about that. Is that the reverse of the "Friends
of Dorothy"?
Old January 27th, 2010, 05:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
*muz*

"Brian" wrote in message
: On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 08:59:08 +0000, Wilf
: wrote:
:
:
: My wife and I have been on 5 or 6 cruises in the last 10 years and I
: seem to recall there was a "Friends of Dorothy" meeting on every one, so
: yours was not a special situation.
:
: We were on a cruise and there was a "Friends of" a male name that I
: forget. I had wondered about that. Is that the reverse of the "Friends
: of Dorothy"?

If it was "Friends of Bill W", this was a meeting place for Alcoholics
Anonymous, named after Bill Wilson, co-founder of the organization.

Old January 27th, 2010, 12:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
"*muz*" wrote:

If it was "Friends of Bill W", this was a meeting place for Alcoholics
Anonymous, named after Bill Wilson, co-founder of the organization.

We were on a cruise the week after the Colts won their first
Superbowl as an Indy team (the next is a couple weeks away). A couple of
the wags in our group decided to have a "Friends of Peyton M" group. It
was well attended. (g).

--
To find that place where the rats don't race
and the phones don't ring at all.

Old January 27th, 2010, 02:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carolyn G

Right. "Friends of Bill W" is a Alcoholics Anon. group. There's a lot
of drinking on cruise ships so this is great that they can go to an AA
meeting with other alcoholics. They had meetings on a recent cruise I
was on.

Old January 27th, 2010, 05:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carol Eskra

I stayed at a hotel in Fairbanks Alaska and on the way to have a drink I
passed a sign that said "friends of Bill." All of a sudden a group of
people came running into the bar and a man sat down next to me and
mentioned his friends of Bill meeting just let out. I told him I didn't
think you were allowed to drink when attending these meetings. His
response was "we're not supposed to drink but we all do."

Old January 27th, 2010, 07:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
*muz*

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
m...
: In article ,
: "*muz*" wrote:
:
: If it was "Friends of Bill W", this was a meeting place for Alcoholics
: Anonymous, named after Bill Wilson, co-founder of the organization.
:
: We were on a cruise the week after the Colts won their first
: Superbowl as an Indy team (the next is a couple weeks away). A couple of
: the wags in our group decided to have a "Friends of Peyton M" group. It
: was well attended. (g).

Who dat? wearing boa of purple, gold and green, D&R

Old January 29th, 2010, 02:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 00:20:48 -0500, "*muz*"
wrote:

If it was "Friends of Bill W", this was a meeting place for Alcoholics
Anonymous, named after Bill Wilson, co-founder of the organization.

That's what it was. thanks.