Safer at sea than on land

Old March 7th, 2006, 03:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Safer at sea than on land

To Whom It May Concern:

We came across this information in the trades and thought it would be of
interest to this newsgroup as well. If this is somehow a repeat of an
earlier post, sorry we missed it. This can always be ignored or deleted.

In the wake of the US Congress looking into cruise industry safety,
officials released data showing risks from crime are extremely low.

According to data based on 15 cruise lines, from 2003-2005, there were 178
complaints of sexual assault, four robberies and 24 missing persons in that
time, said the International Council of Cruise Lines (ICCL). During that
time, the 15 cruise lines carried 31 million passengers.

Said criminologist James Fox, hired as an independent expert to review the
data which was also provided to Congress:

"While virtually no place -- on land or sea -- is totally free of risk,
the number of reported incidents of serious crime from cruise lines is
extremely low, no matter what benchmark or standard is used."

Michael Cyre, president of the ICCL, termed cruising one of the safest
vacations available.

Happy sailing,
John Sisker
SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll free at
(800) 724-6644 & (pagoo ID: 714.536.3850)
http://www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Old March 7th, 2006, 06:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake "John Sisker" :

To Whom It May Concern:

We came across this information in the trades and thought it would be of
interest to this newsgroup as well. If this is somehow a repeat of an
earlier post, sorry we missed it. This can always be ignored or deleted.

Four days old & cold.

--
dillon

Could have been is in the past
Could be is in the future
There is only the now
Old March 7th, 2006, 09:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

But John beat Steinbrenner to the "negative" news by six hours.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old March 7th, 2006, 11:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Dillon Pyron wrote:
Thus spake "John Sisker" :

To Whom It May Concern:

We came across this information in the trades and thought it would be of
interest to this newsgroup as well. If this is somehow a repeat of an
earlier post, sorry we missed it. This can always be ignored or deleted.

Four days old & cold.

Do you have a program to calculate how old the news is???
To me, his postings are better then Ray's. At least his sig lines are at
the end...
Old March 8th, 2006, 02:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Cruising is one of the safest vacations available," according to the
International Council of Cruise Lines, is Negative news? I guess it all
prospective by some. Likewise, others are apparently into counting... this
is "two days old", this is "four days old and cold!" That's all well and
good if they have that kind of time on their hands, but as I said... "if
this is somehow a repeat of an earlier post, sorry we missed it. This can
always be ignored or deleted." Seemingly, that's the only part that is being
ignored. And true to form, nothing is ever said when my information just
happens to be the first time posted, just when it apparently isn't.

And yes, my sig information is at the bottom of my posts, as required by the
guidelines of this newsgroup. At least, I'm trying to follow the procedures.

Old March 8th, 2006, 04:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"John Sisker" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Cruising is one of the safest vacations available," according to the
International Council of Cruise Lines, is Negative news? I guess it all
prospective by some. Likewise, others are apparently into counting... this
is "two days old", this is "four days old and cold!" That's all well and
good if they have that kind of time on their hands, but as I said... "if
this is somehow a repeat of an earlier post, sorry we missed it. This can
always be ignored or deleted." Seemingly, that's the only part that is
being ignored. And true to form, nothing is ever said when my information
just happens to be the first time posted, just when it apparently isn't.

And yes, my sig information is at the bottom of my posts, as required by
the guidelines of this newsgroup. At least, I'm trying to follow the
procedures.

John, you are not getting it..First you started here giving incorrect
information, then you started bombarding the group with outdated material
that had already been posted days ago..and forget the, *if this is a repeat
of an earlier post, sorry, we missed it.* That doesn't cut it...Do some
research before you post...Then you give a very negative report about a ship
that someone here is excited about taking..I don't see any other T/As doing
that..You can give a negative opinion without dredging up something that
happened years ago; that is not as explicit and detrimental and applies or
has applied to other cruise ships as well. You are posting to many veteran
cruisers here as well as newbies, who should be getting correct information
to make the right decisions about cruising.
Sorry, but I feel that you are trying too hard and not checking your
information before putting it into print as fact that can be trusted. You
might think about this before you post. I'm only trying to tell you how I
feel about your posts and not to be hurtful.

--Jean

Old March 8th, 2006, 08:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 14:50:02 GMT, John Sisker wrote:

[...]

LOL

You're screwed no matter which way you turn. Some around here will secretly
detest you b/c you are hording in on Ray Spammerberg's Home For Free
Advertising.

Others will detest you since I forecasted a long time back of your Coming,
and more like you, who walk the fence of newsgroup etiquette and the
beloved Charter which isn't worth the paper it isn't written on.

At least you appear to have a shred of decency and understand that whatever
value you, me or others perceive of your postings, in your heart, certainly
in mine, it's a gimmick that ends up being, drum roll completely free,
international marketing.

I say "Post On, Sir" and the following tides of Siskers as well. As long as
you, as Googleberg refused to ever admit, that you do this not for the
pleasures of the cruiser but, at the end of the day, for your bottom line.
--
http://www.punkvoter.com/anim/anim-idiot.html
Old March 8th, 2006, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Where we used to have one person posting press releases, now we have three,
and they each appear to be trying to get the information posted, and more
important (at least to them) their "sig lines".

What we now have are multiple posts of the same information, by Ray and John
and now by Eric, who is promoting his website.

The result, to our detriment, is an overabundance of information, and maybe
it is time to call a halt to the posting of news stories from the "Gardenia
Gazette" or the "Hong Kong Herald".

As Roberto Duran, a great prize fighter, exclaimed back in 1980, when he
took one too many fights, and was taking a beating, "no mas". No more.

No mas, people.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

(* _ *)

Old March 8th, 2006, 10:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 16:08:42 GMT, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

John, you are not getting it..First you started here giving incorrect
information, then you started bombarding the group with outdated material

Jeannie, below.

http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/stfu.html
Old March 9th, 2006, 02:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , Dick G
dickdotgoldhaber@gmaildotcom wrote:

What we now have are multiple posts of the same information, by Ray and John
and now by Eric, who is promoting his website.

The result, to our detriment, is an overabundance of information, and maybe
it is time to call a halt to the posting of news stories from the "Gardenia
Gazette" or the "Hong Kong Herald".

Eric and John don't even look to see if the information has already
been posted. When you read their posts it is evident that both John and
Eric are meatheads.

Ray has been posting info in a timely manner for years. Besides the
info posts, Ray has made intelligent contributions to the discussions.
Ray is not a meathead. I'll stick with Ray.

No mas, people.

If you don't want to read their posts use your kill file.

--
Charles