which ship??

Old March 7th, 2006, 06:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default which ship??

My family wants to take a short cruise to mexico, which line would you
recomend
Carnival or Royal Caribean.
thanks anita

Old March 8th, 2006, 02:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Anita & Pat" wrote in message
My family wants to take a short cruise to mexico, which line would you
recomend
Carnival or Royal Caribean.
thanks anita

Take this quick 4 question test to help pick a cruise line.

http://www.02cruise.com/LineSearch/index.asp

Let us know what answers you get.

--Tom

Old March 8th, 2006, 03:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Hi Anita and Pat -

I think the 4 questions are a really good start - the answers should
give you a good idea of what cruiseline to select. The only think I
would add is that the 3 day cruises tend to be geared towards the same
customer base, with exceptions of course. If you are looking to take a
3 day cruise, you will find roughly the same type of customers, while
it will be much different for a 4 day cruise sailing Monday - Friday. I
have sailed on 3, 4, 7, and 10 day cruises from San Diego and Long
Beach and had a decent time on all, with the highest satisfaction being
on Royal Caribbean (4 & 7 day) and Celebrity (7 & 10 day).

If you have any specific questions, feel free to post here and I will
respond. The most important factor is matching a cruise to your needs
and wants.....what types of activities are you looking for on the
cruise?

Hope this helps.

Chris Gassner
SeaMaster Cruises
www.clcruises.com

Old March 8th, 2006, 03:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Chris,

There are a lot of travel agents who regularly post here, but none so
blatantly troll for customers as you have.

What you did is an RTC no-no.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

oups.com...

Old March 8th, 2006, 04:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Personally I would like to see you also consider the tremendous values
that are being offered by Holland America on the beautiful Ooosterdam
vessel. The itinerary is perfection at the upmost. I think you will
find some real values with Holland America ...

0 San Diego, Ca. 5:00 pm
1 Cruising The Pacific Ocean
2 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 8:00 am 6:00 pm
3 Mazatlan, Mexico 8:00 am 6:00 pm
4 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 8:00 am 10:00 pm
5 At Sea
6 Cruising The Pacific Ocean
7 San Diego, Ca. 7:00 am

Mexican cruises are so wonderful, enjoy horseback riding and the
beaches!

Old March 8th, 2006, 04:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

travelexpert wrote:
Personally I would like to see you also consider the tremendous values
that are being offered by Holland America on the beautiful Ooosterdam
vessel. The itinerary is perfection at the upmost. I think you will
find some real values with Holland America ...

0 San Diego, Ca. 5:00 pm
1 Cruising The Pacific Ocean
2 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 8:00 am 6:00 pm
3 Mazatlan, Mexico 8:00 am 6:00 pm
4 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 8:00 am 10:00 pm
5 At Sea
6 Cruising The Pacific Ocean
7 San Diego, Ca. 7:00 am

Mexican cruises are so wonderful, enjoy horseback riding and the
beaches!

The OP was talking about a "short" cruise on RCCL or Carnival. This is
not anything like what they are looking for.

sue
Old March 8th, 2006, 04:41 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I am talking about value, when a 7 day cruise can be had for less than
100 dollars more than a 4 day cruise you need to give it some strong
consideration! Amenity wise as well!

Old March 8th, 2006, 05:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thats why a travel expert will always guide you thru and listen
offering many options including "insider info" on cruise specials and
"discounts". There is more to a travel consultant than a booking,