Virtual directions

Old April 21st, 2008, 01:15 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

Default Virtual directions

It's Patriot's Day in Massachusetts and thought I'd go to Lexington for
the reenactment. I went to Lexington's website and saw a link to the
program:
Reenactment of the Battle of Lexington on the Battle Green
then clicked on "view locations" to see where in town it was happening,
which brought me he

http://www.everyscape.com/partner/Vi...77912533333328
Where I saw
"Click on 'AutoDrive' to have it drive the road for you and show you the
way."

Great - click " AutoDrive"

The camera view is (mostly) out the back window - so car is on wrong side
of street , yet movement is shown in THAT direction. This driver drives
into oncoming traffic , floors it from stop signs, cuts off other
vehicles, crashes into ( through ) buildings - it's like a thrill ride !
Pretty funny, but who came up with THIS idea of showing the public " how
to get there" ? I'm more confused now than I was prior to watching it,
but it is worth watching just for the ride. Foreigners note - we drive on
the RIGHT side of the road in the US.

Old April 21st, 2008, 03:20 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

click " AutoDrive" ...This driver drives
into oncoming traffic , floors it from stop signs...

And at one point it looks like you're driving the wrong way on a one-
way street!

The "autodrive" animation is an interesting concept and it gives you a
general idea of the scenery on your route, but it needs a LOT more
work before it becomes a practical tool. I'd use Google Maps instead
if you're looking for route advice.