doing shopping in Las Vegas (mall shopping)

Old June 14th, 2007, 04:51 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
insoc

Default doing shopping in Las Vegas (mall shopping)

Hi, I'm planning a trip to Las Vegas to do both entertainment and
shopping. I know Las Vegas is the place to be for entertainment
purposes but as I am not a US citizen I would like to do shopping to.

I am planning to stay in a hotel in (or near) the Las Vegas strip and
I see that from there there are many shopping options near, like The
Fashion Show Mall, Las Vegas Outlet Center, Las Vegas Premium Outlets
and some other malls, even Marshall's and Walmart, you name it.

My question is (forgive me if that sound stupid): are these shopping
malls and centers way more expensive and with not that much variety as
other shopping malls around the US or basically the same with some
minor differences? I ask this because that would be so good if Las
Vegas besides being a great place for entertainment is also a great
place for shopping.

Thank for any advise.

Regards,

Old June 14th, 2007, 05:01 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Jun 13, 8:51 pm, insoc wrote:
[...]

Marshalls and Walmart will have pretty much the same variety as stores
in other cities. As to the mall, Vegas malls are not nearly as
diverse in terms of shopping as some other mega malls in places like
L.A.

Old June 14th, 2007, 11:47 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Icono Clast

insoc wrote:
are [Las Vegas] shopping malls and centers way more expensive and
with not that much variety as other shopping malls around the US
or basically the same with some minor differences?

A shopping mall is a shopping mall is a shopping mall. Oh, yes, some
have this store and not that one, a few might have decent food, and
décor, such as those on Las Vegas Boulevard, worth seeing.

I ask this because that would be so good if Las Vegas besides
being a great place for entertainment is also a great place for
shopping.

It is. My favorite store there is the Deseret second hand store in
North Las Vegas a bit past the fort.

Old June 14th, 2007, 02:28 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

are these shopping malls and centers way more expensive
and with not that much variety as other shopping malls
around the US

The chain stores like Marshalls and Walmart are the same as their
other stores around the country. I think most people who go to Vegas
for shopping do so to visit the high-end, expensive, designer stores.
However there are also some outlet stores that sell designer
merchandise at a discount, and perhaps that would interest you. You
can find out more about them on the shopping page of the official
tourism site:

http://www.visitlasvegas.com/vegas/p...ping/index.jsp

You also might want to post your question at the Las Vegas newsgroup:
alt.vacation.las-vegas

James

Old June 14th, 2007, 04:23 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Jun 14, 3:47 am, Icono Clast wrote:
insoc wrote:
are [Las Vegas] shopping malls and centers way more expensive and
with not that much variety as other shopping malls around the US
or basically the same with some minor differences?

A shopping mall is a shopping mall is a shopping mall.

So maybe a car is a car is a car. A chevy is just the same as a
Ferrari.

Old June 15th, 2007, 12:30 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Icono Clast

PeterL wrote:
Icono Clast wrote:
A shopping mall is a shopping mall is a shopping mall.

So maybe a car is a car is a car. A chevy is just the same as a
Ferrari.

Yes, of course. Each will do what a car does, i.e., transport you
from one place to another more quickly than non-motorized vehicles
except for motorcycles.

A mall with a particular category of store is likely to attract other
stores of that category. In that respect, a shopping mall is a
shopping mall is a shopping mall.

My favorite store [in Las Vegas] is the Deseret second hand store in
North Las Vegas a bit past the fort.

Old June 22nd, 2007, 04:39 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

"insoc" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Quick comment - not to be a wise-guy - just another's point of view.
I've been going to vegas a few times a year since June 1975. For a lot of
those years it was " a weekend with the guys". Years ago ( the Frontier
was on strike to give a time-frame), my sister and brother in law were
with us for a few days there. While walking down the strip ( when the mall
was set back way off the street) my sister asked us - " How is the mall ?
". My brother-in-law and I turned to each other and both burst out
laughing. It was a logical question but in the ~20 years that we each had
been going there, it had never even occurred to us to go in: we had NO
idea. She could not understand how we could never have gone to the mall:
but it just wasn't on our list of "Things to do in Vegas ". Since then, I
can say that I have gone there, and in fact bought the watch that I'm
wearing there - at Robinson-May's.